Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Porsche 911 Carrera -99 - White

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by 03grey5
damn you have to teach me how you do it. i have a white car now and i just polished it this past weekend and it didn't come out as well as i had hoped it would...teach me your ways!

edit: i just clayed/polished/waxed the car this past weekend. if i want to do try polishing it one more time this weekend, do i have to clay the car again? or can i just hit it with a DA polisher and polish/wax again?
No you don't necessarily need to clay the car, just wash and clean it carefully.

Try these things when polishing:
- use more aggressive pad and compound
- use more pressure on the pad when polishing
- if you're using a DA polisher, you can use the maximum power
- be sure you brake down the polish completely, because usually the polishing compounds tend to have the best cutting power when they are in the breaking point
- after breaking down the polish (with lots of pressure and power), decrease the power to the half and finish the surface with slow motion and medium pressure
- polishing a 2' x 2' area with a DA polisher takes some more time than with a rotary, so be patient using the time

- Antti -