Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

"Permaglaze"

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: April 2007 520D M Sport LCI. Automatic. Sunroof. BMW Bluetooth. Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Natural Brown Leather.

Anybody any experience of this or a similar product? I suspect my nearly new LCI E60 has been treated with this. Even when very dirty, the paint has an almost plastic looking glaze to it, unlike anything I have seen before. Water beading is not brilliant however.

How can I tell if this has been applied? It seems to have sealed in some water spots.... I am tempted to wash, clay, polish and seal, but don't know if a commercial glaze will come off easily.

Any suggestions?

Art.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Art , I hope it does'nt have that perma seal stuff on it, cause it does "spider web" over time especially with a rock chip. I have no way to know if it is done but a good local detailer would be able to tell very easily.

Good Luck !
Old 11-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Sorry to hear about that!!Especially for a new car!! Who did it btw?

Try mix some APC (all purpose cleanser) or degreaser with you shampoo when you washing ur car next time cos it will strip off most of the things on the paint surface e.gDirts,grimes,glaze,sealant or even wax (And it is safe to use!Dont worry! Most detailers will do this pior the polishing process).....a good second wash maybe needed if you think the glaze still bond on the paint.

Then you can clay,polish,seal and wash your car! Water marks should be able to polish off at this time!

And as westcoast550 said, find a good detailer in your area and let them do the trick.

Goodluck mate!

Keith
Old 11-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: April 2007 520D M Sport LCI. Automatic. Sunroof. BMW Bluetooth. Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Natural Brown Leather.

Keith, Westcoast,

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like I need to get this stuff off ASAP! Will set aside a half day Sat & Sun to try to get the Wash / Clay / Polish done.

Are you sure a General Purpose Cleaner won't harm the paint??

Keith - any suggestions on products easily available in Europe that I could try? Typically using Meguirs that I am paying top dollar for a Halfrauds... Seems our US buddies have access to a mush more extensive range of kit.

I reckon my Deep Sea Blue could look special with the right products......

Art
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

Originally Posted by artc' post='499664' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:00 PM
Keith, Westcoast,

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like I need to get this stuff off ASAP! Will set aside a half day Sat & Sun to try to get the Wash / Clay / Polish done.

Keith - any suggestions on products easily available in Europe that I could try? Typically using Meguirs that I am paying top dollar for a Halfrauds... Seems our US buddies have access to a mush more extensive range of kit.

Art
hi,not sure what your describin,but check and see if it is a propritry treatment that bmw have put on ,like autoglym extra shine or maybe the bmw versoion they are using now.as its a new car i cant imagine some one coating it,usuall autoglym put a sticker on screen.
whatever watch the swirls,,
Old 11-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by radioham' post='499668' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:11 PM
hi,not sure what your describin,but check and see if it is a propritry treatment that bmw have put on ,like autoglym extra shine or maybe the bmw versoion they are using now.as its a new car i cant imagine some one coating it,usuall autoglym put a sticker on screen.
whatever watch the swirls,,
The Car is ex-demo so I'm assuming it got a little more than standard preparation before I took delivery (5 months old). If the Autoglym treatments are the same as the Extra Gloss Protection that you can buy over the counter, then I am fairly sure it is not that. Whatever finish is on the paint seems to be a 'higher build' than extra gloss protection that I have used before - more of a plasticky look to it.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by artc' post='499664' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:00 PM
Keith, Westcoast,

Art
Yes, it won't.
I have done couple of times on my E46 before i give it a full detailing and it works perfectly ever time, it is used by most detailers when they doing a car which needs paint correction eg swirls,scratches. (Cos wax and sealant must be removed in order to do the correction)

Here is the link of the product that i am talking about:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-amp-e...r/prod_321.html
It also can be used as engine cleaner,interior,inner wheel arches, door shuts....so on....

What Megs products are you using at the moment?

Actually most products like Zaino,chemical guys,poorboys world,meguiars pro series are all available in UK.....just the matter of price!
But generally not as bad as you think (But you might pay a little bit higher postage than those live in UK tho )

And here is the web-site that i normally use:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk
http://www.carwashnwax.co.uk
http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/

After you tried their stuffs, you will forget what Autoglym do (They got few good stuffs tho)
Any questions?Pls ask!

Cheers
Keith
Old 11-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Hi Art,

Here enclosed few pics of my E46 after just Menzerna 3.02 and 85RD (no sealant or wax on)
So you got the idea!

"Permaglaze"-p1010293.jpg
"Permaglaze"-p1010292.jpg
"Permaglaze"-p1010291.jpg
Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='500100' date='Nov 28 2007, 05:47 PM
Hi Art,

Here enclosed few pics of my E46 after just Menzerna 3.02 and 85RD (no sealant or wax on)
So you got the idea!
Sweet - I guess I need to start a new shopping list :-)