Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

NuFinish Spray Polish

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Has anyone tried it yet? Always looking for alternatives for detail sprays.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
P12FY09_email_coupon.pdf (200.5 KB, 59 views)
Old 07-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Zaino Grand Finale Spray is all you should try. End of story.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='944509' date='Jul 16 2009, 11:58 PM
Got it ...
Old 07-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='944509' date='Jul 16 2009, 08:58 PM

Aw, C'mon C, don't hold back give us your REAL opinion.

Although I would have to agree, NuFinish is fine if you are about to wax a 1988 Maxima, but I would be leery about using it on my car.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: I have an 05 545i. It's a manual with a few options. This is my first BMW but I don't know how I'll ever be able to switch to something else.

NuFinish should be used for one thing and one thing only, removing scratches.

If they start making QD and waxes, I don't care, that's not I would buy their products for. If you want to try something else try out FK1 #425, this is some amazing stuff. One small pump and you can buff a whole body panel! No shit

I just order some Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearls QD, which is a carnauba based, something I dont' really use very often but I will def be letting everyone know how it goes.

I also got some other goodies that I'll be hopefully showing off
Old 07-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by kaiten408' post='945060' date='Jul 17 2009, 09:59 AM
NuFinish should be used for one thing and one thing only, removing scratches.

If they start making QD and waxes, I don't care, that's not I would buy their products for. If you want to try something else try out FK1 #425, this is some amazing stuff. One small pump and you can buff a whole body panel! No shit

I just order some Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearls QD, which is a carnauba based, something I dont' really use very often but I will def be letting everyone know how it goes.

I also got some other goodies that I'll be hopefully showing off

Kaiten, aren't there better products for scratches on our cars as well? I have never had a high opinion of NuFinish to be gin with, but I am really not comfortable using it on my E60. There's Meguiar's SwirlX and I am sure there are other's even better. You know more about the care products for our cars, maybe you can suggest a spray wax that'll be good for between full waxings?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 550i Platinum Grey Metallic with Sport Package 2008 Mazda MX-5 PRHT Copper Red 2008 Subaru Tribecca 2007 335i Barbera Red with Sport Package 1994 Ford Lightning Black

I am going to give this stuff a try:
http://www.detailedimage.com/Dodo-Juice-M3...P329/250-ml-S1/

I have tried the Zaino Grand finale spray, and still have most of a bottle. It is GOOD stuff, but have used the Dodo juice products that last two times and they are amazing, figured I would give this stuff a try.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Contributors

Question

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='944945' date='Jul 17 2009, 10:28 AM
Aw, C'mon C, don't hold back give us your REAL opinion.

Although I would have to agree, NuFinish is fine if you are about to wax a 1988 Maxima, but I would be leery about using it on my car.
How can I trust C ... he doesn't even own an '88 Maxima
Old 07-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: I have an 05 545i. It's a manual with a few options. This is my first BMW but I don't know how I'll ever be able to switch to something else.

@pjinca: Depends on if you want to buy some products at your local shop or online. Locally, you could probably pick up some good Meg's polish/scratch removers at O'Reilly's (check in the painting section, not the car cleaning section, that's where they hide the good stuff).

If you were to go online, I could recommend alot of things, but it depends on your budget. For something priced about right for us I would suggest some Poorboy's SSR1 or SSR2. If you want to step it up, try out some Optimum compounds/polishes. They work really well, and leave the paint with a really nice shine rather than dulling it like some compound/polishes do.

And for the spray wax, again locally your best bet would be some Aquawax from Duragloss (kinda hard to find, but really good stuff, trying checking at Napa I hear they sell it), but if your going to order online then I would suggest Finish Kare #425 (www.fk1usa.com).

I am getting a shipment in of some Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearls II quck detailer, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes. I have high hopes for it, it's a really great brand that doesn't have much publicity b/c it's only sold on one website.

@FSTASNZ: I've never used the Dodo brand before so I can't comment really, but @ $14 for only 8oz of that stuff it doesn't seem like a very good deal. You can get a 31oz. bottle of FK1 #425 for $15 and that sh*t will last a LOOOONG time. It spreads so much and leaves the car slicker than a stripper's ass
Old 07-18-2009, 04:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kaiten408' post='945481' date='Jul 17 2009, 11:01 PM
@pjinca: Depends on if you want to buy some products at your local shop or online. Locally, you could probably pick up some good Meg's polish/scratch removers at O'Reilly's (check in the painting section, not the car cleaning section, that's where they hide the good stuff).

If you were to go online, I could recommend alot of things, but it depends on your budget. For something priced about right for us I would suggest some Poorboy's SSR1 or SSR2. If you want to step it up, try out some Optimum compounds/polishes. They work really well, and leave the paint with a really nice shine rather than dulling it like some compound/polishes do.

And for the spray wax, again locally your best bet would be some Aquawax from Duragloss (kinda hard to find, but really good stuff, trying checking at Napa I hear they sell it), but if your going to order online then I would suggest Finish Kare #425 (www.fk1usa.com).

I am getting a shipment in of some Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearls II quck detailer, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes. I have high hopes for it, it's a really great brand that doesn't have much publicity b/c it's only sold on one website.

@FSTASNZ: I've never used the Dodo brand before so I can't comment really, but @ $14 for only 8oz of that stuff it doesn't seem like a very good deal. You can get a 31oz. bottle of FK1 #425 for $15 and that sh*t will last a LOOOONG time. It spreads so much and leaves the car slicker than a stripper's ass
Another thumbs up for FK1 425..... and it is way cheap too.. I just got a gallon for $20.

Quick Reply: NuFinish Spray Polish