Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

No water access in apartment's garage...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic 07' 550i

I am eager to try out detailing but one major obstacle is the lack of water access in my apt garage. Because of this, I have always taken my car to car washes.
Certainly not a good idea in the long term when all the swirls and flaws begin to surface

Just wondering if there's any recommendations for me if I intend to wash and detail my car myself?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Microstar' post='485388' date='Oct 24 2007, 12:11 AM
I am eager to try out detailing but one major obstacle is the lack of water access in my apt garage. Because of this, I have always taken my car to car washes.
Certainly not a good idea in the long term when all the swirls and flaws begin to surface

Just wondering if there's any recommendations for me if I intend to wash and detail my car myself?
Can you detail your car at the car wash right after you wash your car?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Microstar' post='485388' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:11 AM

Lucky devil, you get a garage. We get street parking over here, and my only option, like you, is to take my baby to the car wash. We have a couple of car washes here that have self-wash, vacuuming and detailing/polishing bays that would allow you to spend the whole day there if you so wish. I'm guessing this concept must exist across the pond too.

Thankfully I have access to two car washes that use felt/foam strips rather than brushes, so no swirls at all on the current and previous cars.

I used to drive back from the car wash, damp-wipe down the car and detail it while parked on the street (it's a reasonably quiet street, thankfully) but have, for a while now, just paid someone to do it for me.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Members

My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic 07' 550i

Originally Posted by Yoko' post='485455
Lucky devil, you get a garage. We get street parking over here, and my only option, like you, is to take my baby to the car wash. We have a couple of car washes here that have self-wash, vacuuming and detailing/polishing bays that would allow you to spend the whole day there if you so wish. I'm guessing this concept must exist across the pond too.

Thankfully I have access to two car washes that use felt/foam strips rather than brushes, so no swirls at all on the current and previous cars.

I used to drive back from the car wash, damp-wipe down the car and detail it while parked on the street (it's a reasonably quiet street, thankfully) but have, for a while now, just paid someone to do it for me.
We do have self service/coin operated car washes, just that they are wide in the open and the car is under the mercy of the sun !
Old 10-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Contact member Fminus for recos in your area , by the looks of his work he is a real pro and could probably give you and, us ,some real good tipson how to keep the cars looking good.....
Old 10-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Microstar' post='485597' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:22 PM
No... car washes here are usually so busy that they want u out as soon as the car's done..

We do have self service/coin operated car washes, just that they are wide in the open and the car is under the mercy of the sun !
That's a real shame. I guess the vagaries of the Dutch weather (it's crap) and the fact that a significant majority live in apartments and have no facilities of their own has come into play here - most of the larger car washes in the cities here have large covered spaces for us to work in, and they let you stay for quite a while.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

Try using Chemical Guys ONE for a waterless wash. Thats all I use now since I dont get a chance to detail my own cars anymore! Then every other month, get a REAL wash or Detail done.