Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

New Product Review: Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Daily Driver
Default New Product Review: Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant

Pinnacle Car Care Products have long been known for creating dazzling show car finishes using the finest handcrafted carnauba waxes. When I was told that Pinnacle Black Label would be introducing a synthetic paint sealant, I was incredulous.

During testing, it was amazing to watch Project850 evolve, and to witness first hand the first synthetic paint sealant to earn the name: Pinnacle.

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant features a new type of resin-based polymer that will bond tighter, last longer, and stay slicker then what was previously thought possible. You can expect:
  • Near-instantaneous slickness.
  • A slick feel that lasts for months upon months, not days or weeks
  • Extreme fast drying and curing times
  • A look with the organic warmth of a premium carnauba wax
  • Extremely high reflectivity

The look created by Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant is unique and stunning. Paint, of any color or type (such as original, pale "sunflower" yellow Corvette below) will look wet, with a richness and warmth associated with premium-grade carnauba pastes. Beyond that, it coats the paint in an extremely bright and reflective shine that gives paint protected with Diamond Paint Sealant a truly organic, 3-dimensional shine.

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant is packaged in an attractive 8-ounce bottle with a pump dispenser. For application, I chose to use the Lake Country Coating Applicator.

Name:  BLShampoo5.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  306.8 KB

For initial application, I chose to prime the applicator by drawing a figure "8" on it. Keep in mind that Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant is a thick product. The resin-based polymers attach to the paint almost immediately, giving the impression that it may not spread thin. However, it spreads with ease; this highly-concentrated formula offered excellent coverage.

Name:  BLSealant1.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  330.1 KB

1/2 of a pump, drawn diagonally across the applicator is enough to coat a large section of paint for subsequent applications.

Name:  BLSealant12.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  197.8 KB

Apply in overlapping strokes, whether tiny circles, large sweeping passes, or whichever your prefer. Spread Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant into a thin, even coating across the paint.

Name:  BLSealant13.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  246.3 KB

The application is easy and the removal is effortless. I applied Diamond Paint Sealant with both the foam applicator (shown above) and with a Gold CCS foam pad. I found, much like a premium carnauba wax, I preferred hand application.

Allow Diamond Paint Sealant to cure for 10 minutes. Again, I tested removal by hand and with a microfiber-bonnet covered pad on a Porter Cable. In both cases it wiped away easily. Lightly buffing by hand revealed a finish that was already extremely slick as the towel made a b-line down the String Ray's hood.

If you remove by machine, the initial slickness isn't quite as dramatic, although within 15 minutes it is on par with the hand-removed side. Again, for a product like this, I much preferred hand removal.

The result, on this original paint 1966 Corvette 427 pre-production prototype.. STUNNING!

Name:  BLSealant3.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  248.1 KB

The normally pale yellow, original paint finish Corvette exploded in the sun with richness. In its 48 years, it is likely the paint NEVER looked this good.

Name:  BLSealant4.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  380.4 KB

Name:  BLSealant5.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  341.7 KB

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant works great on hard metals too, such as these original chrome-plated bumpers. I couldn't help but take this following picture, with a big smile on my face.

Name:  BLSealant6.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  273.7 KB

Name:  BLSealant10.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  287.7 KB

Name:  BLSealant6-1.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  321.0 KB

Keep in mind that is a 48-year old, "pale" yellow Corvette. In the sun it had a richness and warm that changed, depending on the angle it was viewed. A truly organic, warm shine.

Name:  BLSealant9.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  219.8 KB

Name:  BLSealant11.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  271.9 KB

Name:  BLSealant8.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  258.2 KB

A q-tip and Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant did great at detailing these original "Sting Ray" emblems.

Name:  BLSealant7.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  363.6 KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
BLShampoo5.jpg (306.8 KB, 21 views)
BLSealant1.jpg (330.1 KB, 20 views)
BLSealant12.jpg (197.8 KB, 20 views)
BLSealant13.jpg (246.3 KB, 35 views)