Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Need some cleaning tips. What do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i delivery end of Feb. 2006 Jet Black| Black Interior| Sports Package| Manual | Cold Weather| Comfort Access| Sun Shades| Premium Sound Package | Sat. Radio| M Aero Kit | Rear Spoiler

Wanted to know if anyone knows an interior cleaner for the dashboard that does not leave a greasy feel and shiny look. Also what do you use to clean the interior wood trim? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Toni
Old 03-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

My interior guru, the best in Phoenix, recommends using Mequiars leather wipes on all leather and vinyl surfaces. They have worked well for me. Absolutely use no Armoral type products.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Toni' post='254186' date='Mar 13 2006, 07:33 AM
Wanted to know if anyone knows an interior cleaner for the dashboard that does not leave a greasy feel and shiny look. Also what do you use to clean the interior wood trim? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Toni
Water and preferrably a harsh detergent. I like the distressed leather look.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:22 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Plain water with a couple of drops of Dishwash detergent.

Keeps it clean and Matt, just how it should be.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Black/Black, every option except HUD

Originally Posted by Toni' post='254186' date='Mar 13 2006, 07:33 AM

Thanks,
Toni
I use Leatherique's Prestine Clean. Top quality product that will thoroughly clean your dash and leave a protective non-shiny look.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

I generally just wipe the dash with a wet microfiber. For cleaning the leather I use a mixture of 1 part Woolite mixed with 5 parts water in a spray bottle. To dress the leather I use Lexol. I've heard that Meguiars has a good interior detailing spray that does not leave a glossy tint, but so far have not really had a need for the product.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I use leather cleaner.

DO NOT use ArmorAll, or anything like that.

Personally, I like to use AutoGlym leather cleaner & conditioner for my interior (leather, dash, etc...)
It works well, and dries to a matte finish.... not greasy or shiny.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

meguires has an "interior quick detailer" which i love. use it on everything and does a great job.
for the leather i use mothers leather cleaner...its quick and easy, does a good job, and isnt greasy. i hear zaino has a great leather cleaner which im hoping to try this summer.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 550i delivery end of Feb. 2006 Jet Black| Black Interior| Sports Package| Manual | Cold Weather| Comfort Access| Sun Shades| Premium Sound Package | Sat. Radio| M Aero Kit | Rear Spoiler

Thanks so much everyone . I wrote down a bunch of products and will go shopping this weekend. What do you use on the interior wood trim? I find that a lot of products make it look streaky.

Thanks again, Toni
Old 03-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by Toni' post='254679' date='Mar 14 2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks so much everyone . I wrote down a bunch of products and will go shopping this weekend. What do you use on the interior wood trim? I find that a lot of products make it look streaky.

Thanks again, Toni

I use the ZAINO products: Leather cleaner and leather conditioner. Once you use the products you will be amazed. First off the conditioner does not make the leather shiny, and best of all, I HAVE NEVER smelled anything that was an exact replica of leather smell, its incredible, goto http://www.zainostore.com/,
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...gory_Code=Zaino

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...gory_Code=Zaino

Quick Reply: Need some cleaning tips. What do you use?