5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Detailing Forum (https://5series.net/forums/detailing-forum-15/)
-   -   my one month old 5 got egged tongith!!! (https://5series.net/forums/detailing-forum-15/my-one-month-old-5-got-egged-tongith-31415/)

bstandardz 09-17-2006 01:03 AM

Worst night ever!!! my car got egged, i was at luckly people saw it happen and got me in time for me to wash it off..but there are now three spider web scratches from where the eggs made impact...The car is only a month old...what are my options to get these scratches out?? Someone told me that because the paint is still new they can blend it..i was to furious at the time to make sense of it but is it possible?!

Iceman 09-17-2006 03:44 AM

I'm no detailing expert, but I am sure a professional detaiuler can get those fine scratches out for you.
Didi it happened in your neighbourhood? I hope not, or it might happen again... Hopefully just some kids that had too much time on their hands... :(

ericdbs 09-17-2006 09:33 AM

meguries SCRATCH X. should do the trick,. congrats and good luck...update your profile.

Hamann5 09-17-2006 10:17 AM

first when u say spider web scratches are they scratches or swirl marks? and btw what color do you have? if they are swirl marks you need a polish to remove them. whoever swirl marks don't jsut happen from "egging" if you have a dark color you should get used to swirl marks unless you plan on detailing it once a week.

soc_fans 09-17-2006 10:21 AM

Hey my car got egged before too. But luckily the eggs were thrown to the side windows. Body of the car didn't show any swirl marks or scratches..

Good luck in detailing your baby, if you still can't get off the swirl marks.. i would recommend you go to a professional auto detail shop and get it done there. :thumbsup:

jrsamps 09-18-2006 06:14 PM

Ba$tards

AlVal 09-20-2006 12:15 PM

did you do anything to attract the egging?

tomv 09-20-2006 05:36 PM

Without seeing the scratching, my recommendation would be go to a professional. There are many good polish products but you certainly don't want to make it worse. You might want to call Groits, they sell very good products and can possibly tell you how to proceed, they are helpful and won't just try to sell you something.

Good luck and sorry to hear about that, I have had my 530 for one month and I freaked when I had bugs stuck to my front bumper from night driving :wow: guess I should count my blessings.

Veight 09-21-2006 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='335460' date='Sep 17 2006, 01:21 PM
Hey my car got egged before too. But luckily the eggs were thrown to the side windows. Body of the car didn't show any swirl marks or scratches..

Good luck in detailing your baby, if you still can't get off the swirl marks.. i would recommend you go to a professional auto detail shop and get it done there. :thumbsup:

My wifes 325xi got egged this past spring while it was in our driveway. That egg hit her side window too. Now every time her window goes up there is an egg streak mark that will probably keep repeating for years.

I don't really want to take the door interior off to clean it either.

Bimmer32 09-24-2006 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Veight' post='337216' date='Sep 21 2006, 04:04 PM
My wifes 325xi got egged this past spring while it was in our driveway. That egg hit her side window too. Now every time her window goes up there is an egg streak mark that will probably keep repeating for years.

I don't really want to take the door interior off to clean it either.

Are eggs that bad? How long do they stay on your car before it gets messed up? What does it do to the paint?