Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

my one month old 5 got egged tongith!!!

Old 09-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i

Worst night ever!!! my car got egged, i was at luckly people saw it happen and got me in time for me to wash it off..but there are now three spider web scratches from where the eggs made impact...The car is only a month old...what are my options to get these scratches out?? Someone told me that because the paint is still new they can blend it..i was to furious at the time to make sense of it but is it possible?!
Old 09-17-2006, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I'm no detailing expert, but I am sure a professional detaiuler can get those fine scratches out for you.
Didi it happened in your neighbourhood? I hope not, or it might happen again... Hopefully just some kids that had too much time on their hands...
Old 09-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

meguries SCRATCH X. should do the trick,. congrats and good luck...update your profile.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

first when u say spider web scratches are they scratches or swirl marks? and btw what color do you have? if they are swirl marks you need a polish to remove them. whoever swirl marks don't jsut happen from "egging" if you have a dark color you should get used to swirl marks unless you plan on detailing it once a week.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Hey my car got egged before too. But luckily the eggs were thrown to the side windows. Body of the car didn't show any swirl marks or scratches..

Good luck in detailing your baby, if you still can't get off the swirl marks.. i would recommend you go to a professional auto detail shop and get it done there.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Ba$tards
Old 09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Members

My Ride: Nov 2003 530D SE Auto in Mystic Blue with Grey Dakota Leather, Business Nav. Star Spoke 124 18"s, Blootooth Preperation. Modifications so far: M5 spoiler, M5 trunk finisher, hometronic rear view mirror, Maple Wood interior trim. Mods to come: M5 style quad exhaust and M5 rear bumper, Dechroming, black ebay grilles, tints, upgrade to factory amp, by the time I've done these, I'm sure I'll have thought of some more....

did you do anything to attract the egging?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Members

Without seeing the scratching, my recommendation would be go to a professional. There are many good polish products but you certainly don't want to make it worse. You might want to call Groits, they sell very good products and can possibly tell you how to proceed, they are helpful and won't just try to sell you something.

Good luck and sorry to hear about that, I have had my 530 for one month and I freaked when I had bugs stuck to my front bumper from night driving guess I should count my blessings.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='335460' date='Sep 17 2006, 01:21 PM
Hey my car got egged before too. But luckily the eggs were thrown to the side windows. Body of the car didn't show any swirl marks or scratches..

Good luck in detailing your baby, if you still can't get off the swirl marks.. i would recommend you go to a professional auto detail shop and get it done there.

My wifes 325xi got egged this past spring while it was in our driveway. That egg hit her side window too. Now every time her window goes up there is an egg streak mark that will probably keep repeating for years.

I don't really want to take the door interior off to clean it either.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Veight' post='337216' date='Sep 21 2006, 04:04 PM
My wifes 325xi got egged this past spring while it was in our driveway. That egg hit her side window too. Now every time her window goes up there is an egg streak mark that will probably keep repeating for years.

I don't really want to take the door interior off to clean it either.
Are eggs that bad? How long do they stay on your car before it gets messed up? What does it do to the paint?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my one month old 5 got egged tongith!!!