Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

MR. CLEAN AUTO-DRY WASH SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E60VTA' post='252408' date='Mar 9 2006, 05:07 PM
I use a "California" blade to get excess water off, then dry with waffle weave microfiber towels. They soak up great gobs of water very quickly.
I use the same approach the Blade is amazing at swiping off tons of H2O quickly. Then it only takes a few minutes to finish up with microfiber towels.

I don't worry about scratches because the car is clean of all debris and detritus, and I make sure to continually wipe off the blade during the process. It's much more likely that you will scratch the surface with a microfiber towel that sucks up and holds in every little particle.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

If you car has enough wax on it, the blade should be useless. Water should bead and roll off with ease.

Example.... after washing the car, I open the hood and that makes the water roll off the hood surface. I also open the trunklid, which does the same. The sides take care of themselves. Only the roof holds water, and my driveway has a slant to it... so even that rolls off.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I dont like it. I still end of having to dry some parts of the car for some reason one or two body panel's water doesnt slide off and still beads up. Also If you look at your mitt afterwards its all BLACK! For some reason I think its washing off more than just dirt...
Old 03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='252329' date='Mar 9 2006, 04:08 PM
Just bought it today. I will use over the weekend, anybody have any comments on the outcome?
I own one too but only used it twice. Kind of a pain. I prefer to have someone wash and dry my car for me. He doesn't like to use it either. He washes it once a week rain or shine. I do like the California squeegee thing as it does shed a lot of water. But, he doesn't use that either. I guess since he gets paid by the hour he prefers to take his time. Its either wash the car or some other labor.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='252502' date='Mar 9 2006, 07:07 PM
I open the hood and that makes the water roll off the hood surface. I also open the trunklid, which does the same. The sides take care of themselves. Only the roof holds water, and my driveway has a slant to it... so even that rolls off.
Good idea to open the lids ... that would work.

Sorry katheikia, we're not helping you much. We need to take this to the detailing forum.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Performed about 40 washes with Mr. Clean over 1 year period. Only 3 or 4 required extra effort to either dry or clean up spots. I believe that was too much sun or too many washes on filter. I look very carefully for spots, but have been most happy with this. Also easiest to clean car of any other method I have used over the years. Should be noted I have a place that is almost always in shadow at all times.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 525d M Sport, Mystic Blue Adaptive Xenon's (Visibility Package), Grey Dakota Leather, Professional Navigation System, BMW Professional Radio/6 Disc CD Changer, Bluetooth Telephone Prearation, (Media Package)Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, Auto Dim Interior and Exterior (Electric Folding) Mirrors, Front Seat Heating

I think the results of car washing is region specific. Here in the UK we get a lot of rain, mud, etc in the winter, and in the rare case that we get an extended summer, it's normally too hot to clean the car (the paint is too hot).

In the hotter climates like the U.S it will be alot easier to spend time cleaning the car due to good weather, good roads, and cheap products.

I only clean my car about once every 2 months, it only stays clean for about 3 days, so it's not really worth the effort for me. I'll polish it about once a year, but like i say, it's difficult to find the right weather for this!!
Old 03-10-2006, 03:26 AM
Contributors

My x officemate used it and he is very impressed with it. HE is so picccccccccccky for things!
Old 03-10-2006, 06:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Thanks everyone, I will use it today and post results. We have perfect weather today, 73F sunny
Old 03-10-2006, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Im sorry but if any of my neighbors saw me using a winshield wiper blade to dry off my car they would laugh there asses off at me.

This mr clean auto dry thing is a gimmic. Nothing will ever beat the power of simple soap and sponge and a towel dry. Use a microfiber towel if you got a dark car to avoid swirls. Done deal

Quick Reply: MR. CLEAN AUTO-DRY WASH SYSTEM