Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Meguires Quick detail

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

funny thing..... i bought a meguires "gold class" quick detailer spray with a wax from costco...... its a combo pack........ so just recently i ran out of the spray.... so i drove to all the automotive stores to look for it, and couldnt find it... its not even listed on the meguires site.... so i had to get the mothers showtime spray.... not as a deep shine from the gold class... if anyone knows where i can get it... would greatly appreciate it... i miss it.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Pepboys should have it.. at least the one I go to always does..
Old 09-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

yeah ... i tried that place .....off the shelf..... tried again a week later..again off the shelf... man..i guess im calling meguires in the morning...
Old 09-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

what is Maguires I'm in the UK and have never heard of it and what is quick detail is it like Autoglym laquer ?????
Old 09-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Contributors

meguires has a car care product line from towels to waxes...great stuff.you might be able to find it online... meguires.com? it think...good luck eric d
Old 09-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Senior Members

you can get it from checker .
Old 09-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jul 19 2005, 08:28 AM
My California car duster is over 5 years old and I've never washed it.? The instructions that come with it say that it actually works better the older it gets (and I've seen some very black ones at local concours being used on very expensive cars).? I'm sure their website has washing instructions if you're so inclined.? As I'm dusting the car, I shake the duster out a half dozen times to release any loose debris, but that's it as far as cleaning it.

I've never used on of those quick detailing products.? Unless the car was perfectly clean, I'd be concerned that I'd be dragging bits of grit--or worse--along the paint surface.? When dusting the car, I make sure to let the duster lightly glide over the surface while supporting the weight of the handle, but you're applying a lot more pressure when quick detailing and in my view run the risk of scratching the surface.? I realize lots of people don't share my concern, but that's my view.
[snapback]150695[/snapback]
Completely agree with you stream. If my car is dusty I don't like to wipe the dust off with a cloth, that's what causes those ugly swirl marks. It doesn't look as bad on a silver car, but the swirls are there. It's worse on a black color. I've seen the california duster sold in stores but I've never tried it, maybe I will. Thanks
Old 09-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I don't think anyone would want to wipe dust off with a cloth either. The process Luve60 described is what I also do. Gently dust the car with the California Duster and then use the QD to clean and polish. I get awesome results. I usually do this every other day and it stretches my wash cycle quite a bit.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jul 19 2005, 04:28 PM
My California car duster is over 5 years old and I've never washed it.? The instructions that come with it say that it actually works better the older it gets (and I've seen some very black ones at local concours being used on very expensive cars).? I'm sure their website has washing instructions if you're so inclined.? As I'm dusting the car, I shake the duster out a half dozen times to release any loose debris, but that's it as far as cleaning it.

I've never used on of those quick detailing products.? Unless the car was perfectly clean, I'd be concerned that I'd be dragging bits of grit--or worse--along the paint surface.? When dusting the car, I make sure to let the duster lightly glide over the surface while supporting the weight of the handle, but you're applying a lot more pressure when quick detailing and in my view run the risk of scratching the surface.? I realize lots of people don't share my concern, but that's my view.
[snapback]150695[/snapback]
Just like a good Wok!!!