Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Interior detailing advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 05:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay
so I just got my '06 550i and there's a light layer of dust and some crumbs in the seams and what have you. Thankfully no scratches or scuffs though so I want to do a detail myself and really get a100% look at my interior. I'm just not sure about what cleaning chemicals I should use on the wood/leathers/soft touch. Any advice is greatly appreciated and when its clean as new ill put up some drool inducing shots for you guys. Thanks e60-rs

Also what tire pressure should I be running? 19" rims the book I thought said 35/39 but I might be wrong
Old 04-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

I use meguiars products for exterior/interior (on the leather/wood). It does not make the leather oily or greasy. I heard Zaino is a good choice for the leather....it costs a little bit more and you can only get it online.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by igngnot
Okay
so I just got my '06 550i and there's a light layer of dust and some crumbs in the seams and what have you. Thankfully no scratches or scuffs though so I want to do a detail myself and really get a100% look at my interior. I'm just not sure about what cleaning chemicals I should use on the wood/leathers/soft touch. Any advice is greatly appreciated and when its clean as new ill put up some drool inducing shots for you guys. Thanks e60-rs

Also what tire pressure should I be running? 19" rims the book I thought said 35/39 but I might be wrong
Go to www.autopia.org Its a detailing site and a really good one that can help you out. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 04-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Members

I use meguiars products for exterior/interior (on the leather/wood). It does not make the leather oily or greasy.

I use the same. If you go to thier website, they have a ton of youtube tuts that will give you some instruction too.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Members

thank guys!

i was actually able to get my hands on a steam cleaner (thanks mom and dad! ). and it worked amazingly the leather feels sooo soft now. i cheaped out oand bought some armor all leather conditioning wipes after the clean. it seems to have done an alright job on the leather it feels much softer now but doesnt necessary look a LOT better (it does look better just not as much as i was hoping).

i have a !!!!WARNING!!!! for people steam cleaning their leather seats thouygh, i thought id be fine scrubbing because its just water and a cloth but when i attacked a little white stain on the passenger seat i ended up scuffing the leather a little, overall it looks better than before because there is no more white mark but with a little more tact i wouldnt have scuffed it and still gotten the stain its barely visible so unless you know its there you wont know its there but still... its the principle of the thing... BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE STEAMERS!!