Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

I need something to DETAIL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by tonymac
Hey Anz, have you used Cquartz? I just ordered some.
I recieved my order of Cquartz a couple of weeks ago and it's waiting for the next detail !

- Antti -
Old 06-23-2011, 05:49 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Anzafin
No no, you'll be definitely safe with the Flex. I started with Flex and never ran into problems with it!
Go for it man!

- Antti -
I agree with you Antti on the Flex XC 3401 VRG cause that's what I use and I'm a novice and love it. The flex is user friendly if used with the correct pad and proper use then you shouldn't worry about anything.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I like the flex. Though in certain cases, I use the PC.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the flex. Though in certain cases, I use the PC.
I need to get myself a PC just to have variety and choices.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by Cwest
I need to get myself a PC just to have variety and choices.
I use the PC when there is not much clear to work with. I just like to be careful. Since the PC does about 60% of the job in the same time as the Flex, I feel like I can take smaller layers off while still letting the product I am using to break down correctly.

I just feel like the Flex can be a little overkill for some jobs. I LOVE THE FLEX THOUGH!!! Let's not get that confused.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Contributors

I recieved my order of Cquartz a couple of weeks ago and it's waiting for the next detail !

- Antti -
They say it can protect for up to 2 years... I have to try that out. It would be bad for business though LOL. I do let my customers know that I offer it just in case.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Contributors

They say it can protect for up to 2 years... I have to try that out. It would be bad for business though LOL. I do let my customers know that I offer it just in case.
Yeah.
I want to try the Cquartz as they say it has some light swirl/scratch resistant abilities...

This video is quite promising. It's a manufacturer made video, but not like manufacturers usually, they're not hyping the protecting abilities too much, but rather realistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EICcQyxQkZo&feature=related

- Antti -
Old 06-24-2011, 03:55 AM
Contributors

Yeah.
I want to try the Cquartz as they say it has some light swirl/scratch resistant abilities...

This video is quite promising. It's a manufacturer made video, but not like manufacturers usually, they're not hyping the protecting abilities too much, but rather realistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EICcQyxQkZo&feature=related

- Antti -
I was asking a friend of mine who has been detailing for years and he told me that the AQuartz is a much better product. It has a better hardness and scratch resistant surface and is easier to apply because you cant really mess it up. He said the CQuartz is a great product as well but does not have the same scratch resistance and it can leave streaks if not applied properly.

Just a heads up

Tony
Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Contributors

I was asking a friend of mine who has been detailing for years and he told me that the AQuartz is a much better product. It has a better hardness and scratch resistant surface and is easier to apply because you cant really mess it up. He said the CQuartz is a great product as well but does not have the same scratch resistance and it can leave streaks if not applied properly.

Just a heads up

Tony
Thanks for the tip, Tony .

I have ordered the Gtechnik C1 too and I thought I could make a comparison between that and Cquartz. I've read that C1 is easier to applied at least..

- Antti -
Old 06-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Contributors

Thanks for the tip, Tony .

I have ordered the Gtechnik C1 too and I thought I could make a comparison between that and Cquartz. I've read that C1 is easier to applied at least..

- Antti -
I heard the same. If you will do that for those two, I will do a comparison with the AQuartz and the CQuartz.

Deal?

Tony