Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

a HUGE bird took a dump on my car...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Ok,

1st of all - I wanna thank you guys for your help !

As for sixgun95's advice, I went and bought the 3M 39009 & the Meguiars deep crystal polish (step #2).

Used the 3M couple of times, then another couple of times the Meguiars, then 5 or 6 coats of Mothers Carnauba Wax and WALLA !! gone as if it never happened !

Thanks a million !!!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

I paid the dealer to apply a paintwork protection it is supose to keep it cleaner for longer and also give it added protection against things like bird shit. If it works I couldn't tell you, but I have noticed that when i wash it the water will not sit on the paintwork at all, just like when you waxed it. So i supose there must be some protection.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Gadgets' date='Apr 6 2005, 07:11 PM
Ok,

1st of all - I wanna thank you guys for your help !

As for sixgun95's advice, I went and bought the 3M 39009 & the Meguiars deep crystal polish (step #2).

Used the 3M couple of times, then another couple of times the Meguiars, then 5 or 6 coats of Mothers Carnauba Wax and WALLA !! gone as if it never happened !

Thanks a million !!!
[snapback]112181[/snapback]
Glad it worked out for you...sure is frustrating. I keep a bottle of water and a MF Towel in my trunk for bird emergencies. In my area most of the bird dropping have these purple berries, its pure hell on a car!
Old 04-07-2005, 04:11 PM

Cool

Was the bird actually Mothra?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Originally Posted by johno535' date='Apr 6 2005, 11:59 PM
I paid the dealer to apply a paintwork protection it is supose to keep it cleaner for longer and also give it added protection against things like bird shit.? If it works I couldn't tell you, but I have noticed that when i wash it the water will not sit on the paintwork at all, just like when you? waxed it. So i supose there must be some protection.
[snapback]112283[/snapback]

I actually did that for my last new car and it didn't help much... <_<
Old 04-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 Boxster, 02 IS-300, 03 MDX

Gadgets- Was the car waxed when it happened? Could have prevented it sticking.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by PeterJoyce' date='Apr 12 2005, 05:38 PM
Gadgets- Was the car waxed when it happened?? Could have prevented it sticking.
[snapback]114669[/snapback]

Not a chance, the acid will eat right through it.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by gwf545' post='111598' date='Apr 5 2005, 06:49 PM
Same thing happened to my 528. Bird crap is extremely caustic stuff. It left little shallow pits in the paint on my roof in a 2 inch diameter - big seagull I think. I used polishing compound and then scratch remover to make it 99.9% invisible. You need to be real careful not to take off all the clearcoat. If you are the least bit nervous, get a pro to take care of it. Probably < $100 and a lot cheaper than paint repair if you screw up. Rejex is supposed to help prevent corrosion from birds, bugs & other stuff. I have it on my 545, but thus far no bird has tested it.
Test complete! Bird shit ate right through my Rejex today! My car sat out at work for about 10 hours today in the sun, and when I finally got home to wipe off a silver dollar sized bird terd, it left a nice acid etched mark. Nothing I did worked to remove it like claying or polish, but nicke60gre left a prior post which suggested leaving the car outside in the sun for a few hours and it will "disappear." This may work because I had blemishes in my front bumper, all kinds of pits from small dust, etc. It was totally bumpy! It's a few months later now, and the front bumper is now perfectly smooth again. I am guessing the heat from the sun must've done something. If that doesn't work, I'll have to try some of the suggestions on here. I am disappointed in the Rejex, though...ate through it like it was nothing!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:11 AM
Senior Members

thats very dirty, everyone gets the bird bombs!!!

Usually when parked underneath a big tree
Old 09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Carbon Black Metallic with Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, NAV, Cold-Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Impact Airbags, Sirius, iPod/USB Adapter,
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by sixgun95' post='111729' date='Apr 6 2005, 01:01 AM
Go to www.corvetteforum.com then general topics, then car care. Post this there and "the detailing dude" will reply. Had the same thing on my vette and his recommendation got 100% of it out. I used 3M 39009 (dark cars, they make one for light cars as well) followed by Maguiars Polish then Yellow Wax, I forget the bottle numbers, #27 and 6 I think and it worked like a charm, all applied by hand on a MF pad. No need to pay someone, it was really easy with the correct products!

Sorry I can't find the post, could you list the link? Thanks

Quick Reply: a HUGE bird took a dump on my car...