Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

How to fix wrinkles of front seat leather?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 12:23 PM
khl
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 1 1/2 years of driving, the front seats (especially driver's) start to accumulate "wrinkles". Is there anyway to fix them?

-khl
Old 09-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

yes - me too. I keep meaning to ask my SA since my impression is that the leather is "loose" and should not wrinkle in this way.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have the same thing and since I have a beige interiour I also get colour difference where the leather is wrinkled (lighter stripes underneath the wrinkle).
Old 01-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, anthracite maple wood trim, heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, automatic tailgate, auto dimming mirrors, Logic 7, 6-disc changer, sport seats, shadow line trim, rear sun blinds, PDC, adaptive xenons, 18" style 123 wheels, , navigation, voice control, bluetooth, BMW roof rack + bike attachments,

I was having the same problem with my drivers side seat as well. I took it in, and the seat bottom leather was replaced under warranty without hesitation. The seat looked great when I got it back the next day. My advisor also said that it looked like it was starting to happen to the rear seats as well, and to bring it back if I wanted them replaced as well. Sounded like this was not an isolated situation.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

I believe its a wear and tear issue. Just like a person's skin it gets 'loose' when he ages. Furthermore the seats are subjected to your asses sliding in and out every other day, which increases the rate of wearing and tearing. Its a bonus if your dealership is willing to replace it under warrenty.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine white 2004 545, cold weather package, premium sound, sport package.

Originally Posted by khl' post='172425' date='Sep 19 2005, 03:23 PM
After 1 1/2 years of driving, the front seats (especially driver's) start to accumulate "wrinkles". Is there anyway to fix them?

-khl
I sit in the passenger side while I fill my tanks and break it in to look like the Driver's side.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

totaly same thing here. Never appeared on our VW Touareg even after 3 years. I guess cutting costs here - cheaper leather
Old 02-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d saphire black, beige leather, 124 alloys, auto, wood trim, Advanced air con

Originally Posted by russo' post='222628' date='Jan 11 2006, 11:46 AM
I believe its a wear and tear issue. Just like a person's skin it gets 'loose' when he ages. Furthermore the seats are subjected to your asses sliding in and out every other day, which increases the rate of wearing and tearing. Its a bonus if your dealership is willing to replace it under warrenty.
Both my front seats had very loose Beige leather also they were uncomfortable on long trips. The car had only covered 10000 miles so I took it to local dealer, who replaced both seat bases under warantee. I wonder haw long these will last now?
Old 02-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Talking

How's about getting the OEM poly/cotton seat covers?

This way there's less friction...
Old 02-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport, Premium, Logic 7, Jet Black, Black Leather, M-Aero Kit, 15% (very dark) Tint, Eichbach Lowering Springs, Red Brake Calipers, Radenergie R-10's, Michelin PilotSport2 in 245/35/20 and 285/30/20, Rolled Fenders, and a nifty Graco Baby Car Seat. Next Up: Xenon fogs, Eisemann Exhaust, iPod Interface, Comfort Seats.

For those of you who had the dealer replace the seats/leather, can you please let us know which dealers they were? My dealer, Global Imports BMW in ATL won't do a thing for me :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: How to fix wrinkles of front seat leather?