Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Griots wax and polishes

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Expected delivery on 15 Jan 2007 525I Olivian Green, Beige Interior, PP, CWP, PDC, SP, Rear shades,heated rear seats, Ipod fitted, Nav, Oem Rims 166, Xenon Lights, Wood grain package, illuminated door sills

I am ordering the Griots orbital polisher like my man casbimmer(SP).
But my question is that they want you to purchase the wax also, but I dont if their wax is any good. Have any of you guys used their wax? I know cassbimmer swears buy the zaino brand and i have ordered the trip package he walks about also. So just want some views about the griots wax and what all everyone ordered when they ordered theirs orbital from griots.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Contributors

I used Griot's Polish 2 (mild polish for scratches and deeper swirl marks) when I first purchased their orbital. I found that it dusted up a lot and it took a ton of work to make any difference - very mild stuff.

Zaino's ZPC gets more work done in the same time, finishes with a better shine, and produces less dust.

I've never used and of Griot's waxes or sealants.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport/Premium 2001 X5 3.0 Sport/Premium

Originally Posted by vafinest25' post='427557' date='May 23 2007, 08:37 AM
I am ordering the Griots orbital polisher like my man casbimmer(SP).
But my question is that they want you to purchase the wax also, but I dont if their wax is any good. Have any of you guys used their wax? I know cassbimmer swears buy the zaino brand and i have ordered the trip package he walks about also. So just want some views about the griots wax and what all everyone ordered when they ordered theirs orbital from griots.
I have a lot of Griot's products, including the Best of Show wax, polish, orbital, clay, wheel cleaner, speedshine, leather conditioner, etc...

For a wax, I finally settled on P21S. I like it a lot better than the Best of Show from Griots....much easier to apply and remove, and dries clear (no residue). I would not apply P21S with the orbital though...only by hand. The orbital is good for polishing, and the BOS wax, but not a past wax.

I am not sure how old your car is, but a clay bar makes a big difference if you need it, too. I also really like the Griot's wheel cleaner and speedshine. Most of their products seem expensive, but you use less and they last a long time.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:01 AM
JDN
Contributors

IMO, Griot's products are OK, but I prefer the quality of others. IOW, not the top of the line, IMO (again).
Old 05-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Members

My father professionally shows porsche's, including winning PCA best of show awards for full concour cars. He's also won several 356 holiday events.

He uses the full line of Griot's on his cars.

That tells me something.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I've never used Griots. Personally, I think Zaino is the best. I ran into member poleposition today and even he said what a difference these products make.

Use the Griot's orbital, but get the Zaino products. This is what I do.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Members

Can't help much, just ordered from Groits for the first time a couple weeks ago. The products showed up fast but they did not include the free car wash soap that was supposed to come with the order per the current catalog. Called up after the order arrived to tell them the car wash soap was missing and the first guy said sure we'll send it out, it never showed up, called up again they said who did you talk to? what free car wash? finally they said OK we'll send it but this system doesn't talk to the warehouse, yadda yadda, have not received it yet. No big deal, just should not be that much hassel to get something that's advertised as free on the cover of their own catalog :thumbsdown: I have had free car wash just thrown in as a thank you from other online vendors like Autotopia.com

The Griot's products seem good, I got Speed Shine, Window cleaner wipes and their paint squeege for getting water off the car after washing. The paint squeege is actually pretty cool, it works much smoother and quiter than the CA jelly blade.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tomv' post='431285' date='Jun 2 2007, 11:19 PM
Can't help much, just ordered from Groits for the first time a couple weeks ago. The products showed up fast but they did not include the free car wash soap that was supposed to come with the order per the current catalog. Called up after the order arrived to tell them the car wash soap was missing and the first guy said sure we'll send it out, it never showed up, called up again they said who did you talk to? what free car wash? finally they said OK we'll send it but this system doesn't talk to the warehouse, yadda yadda, have not received it yet. No big deal, just should not be that much hassel to get something that's advertised as free on the cover of their own catalog :thumbsdown: I have had free car wash just thrown in as a thank you from other online vendors like Autotopia.com

The Griot's products seem good, I got Speed Shine, Window cleaner wipes and their paint squeege for getting water off the car after washing. The paint squeege is actually pretty cool, it works much smoother and quiter than the CA jelly blade.
Wanted to follow up, Griot's did finally get the 8 oz. car wash to me the other day, nice of them to follow through