Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Great Car Cleaning Products

Old 05-22-2004, 03:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I know you guys like to keep your car clean as much as I do. (With the Black Sapphire, I may have bitten off more than I can chew!! )

Anyway, I just wanted to share that I use products from Griots Garage for cleaning my car and have been EXTREMELY happy with them. I just love the fact that after washing my car with their products, then spraying the undercarriage spray, I come out into the Garage the next morning, and the whole garage even smells clean.

Anyway, I don't work for them or anything (I'm in Sales for Blue Martini Software), but thought you guys might like to know about quality products.

I noticed the comments on the board about the Refex(sp?) wax, but was wondering if their is anything else I'm missing out on.

James
Old 05-22-2004, 04:30 AM
Contributors

I've been a zymol convert for a few years, expensive but I'm still on my original tub of wax after 3 years and many full car waxings.....especially good for the alloys as brake dust falls of zymol waxed alloys!
Old 05-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Contributors

DD (notice my Avatar is staring at your avatar?), so you use that wax to keep the brake dust away and not the Rejex that the others have mentioned?

Yep, the Griots stuff isn't cheap either, but like you I don't mind paying for Quality!

James
Old 05-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Contributors

what is rejex....never heard of it, is it available in rip-off Britain?
Old 05-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Contributors

DD,

Here's the link. On one of the other forums, people we're raving about polishing their wheels with it to make the brake dust removal easy.

I've heard of this stuff for airplanes (notorious for getting filthy), but not cars...

Rejex Polish
Old 05-22-2004, 02:21 PM
stu
Members

With Saphire black too - I can say you need all the help you can get!

ISUK recommended Meguiars products on a differing thread. I tried them and they are certainly in a different league to the usual turtle wax and autoglym stuff!

I particularly like the tyre black - "Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection Gel"
It looks perfect and really does last a couple of weeks.
I bought an orbital polisher from Makro (unbelievable value at ?8!!) and have had good results. I have given up using the pressure washer on the 530 because trhe paint seems so fragile. I now wash by hand, with a proper wash mit, and it doesn't seem to take any longer.
After washing with the Meguiars wash liquid and using a "sheeting action" with a hose pipe NOT a spray - the old drying panic to avoid water spots is totally avoided. It works beautifully.

I'd like some tips on cleaning the glass and the 124 wheels though - seems to take me ages.

The tips on the Griots garage site are interesting - can anyone list a source for these products in the uk?
Old 05-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stu' date='May 23 2004, 12:21 AM
I'd like some tips on cleaning the glass
Newspaper is best for glass. Lint-free - Streak-free
Old 05-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Contributors

I can tell you that the Glass Cleaner from Griots is the best I've ever used. I'm goign to give the Maguirs a try. I'm still deciding on whether it's worth the trouble waxing the rims or not.

It's about 86F here in Atlanta, Ga. today, so it was a perfect morning for washing the car. I washed my wife's Expedition yesterday, and really cleaned it good. I was sad to see it start to rain just as I finished. I had to let her drive the E60 to her hair appointment.

Oh well. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I gave my baby a thourough inspection upon return. All is well. (I'm talking about the car of course

later,

James
Old 05-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Members

You all need to try Zaino. The shine is unbelievable