Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Glass coating for new car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Is Rejex available in Europe????

The positive replies on the stuff are getting me anxious to put it on my car too..
Old 10-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Oct 30 2004, 12:31 AM
Is Rejex available in Europe????

The positive replies on the stuff are getting me anxious to put it on my car too..
[snapback]50888[/snapback]
If you buy direct from the company they will ship to Europe.

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html
Old 11-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Members

Hi, all. Thanks for all of your info. Now, my idea is getting more clear. Here is my my shopping list;

- Car shampoo; RainX autodry car shampoo,
or warm water with dish soap for initial washing (to remove remaing wax)
- California water blade with micro fiber towel
- RejeX with micro fiber applicator, or cotton diaper
- Gel-gloss for window cleaning
- California mini duster to clean break dust in rims

I will start shopping around to get them... Still I cannot find Gel-gloss and RainX shampoo in the detailing shop around here yet. Any idea where to find them?
Old 11-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ornament' date='Nov 1 2004, 07:31 PM
? Still I cannot find Gel-gloss and RainX shampoo in the detailing shop around here yet. Any idea where to find them?
[snapback]51943[/snapback]
I found Gel-gloss at Home Depot (Here's a link to Builder's Depot so you can see what it looks like.) and RainX Self Dry Car Shampoo at the local supermarket. Here's a link to Acehardware.com if you want to buy it online. There are a bunch of onlines stores that have it.

You also might want to try the Mr. Clean autodry system if RainX doesn't workout for you. It has a filter/water softener built in and have received very good reviews from other BMW owners on other websites. It runs about $20 but you get about 20 washes out of it.

Also, I found soft cotton towels do a better job (for me) assisting in the drying when I use my Blade.

Checkout ClothDiaper.com. The flat diapers are the ones I purchased. They need to be washed about 10-15 times to get fuzzy.

Also check DyDee Diaper Service. They have polishing cloths made from 4 ply diaper material. They sound better then the other ones. I called them and they also have clean used diapers for sale at a cheaper price.

The Cal Duster is good for the rims between washes. When washing I use the car soap and a soft cotton towel.

Also, in between washes you need a good "Quick Detailer" to spruce up your ride.
There's a bunch of those available also. I keep a spray bottle of soft water with a bit of Rainx in it and a mf towel in my trunk so I always have it handy. Next I'm going to try a brand the adds some shine when using it.

Good luck.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:46 AM
Members

Hi Jimbo,
I've always enjoyed your comments here, Mr. Detailing!
There is a Ace Hardware shop near by, so I will go and get some of your recommendations there, RainX, Mr. Clean autodry. If they have Gel-gloss, it would be great, too. I will try.
As of diaper, lools DyDee's polishing cloths made from 4 ply diaper good though a bit expensive. I could not find cheap used ones on web yet.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

my friend just bought a bottle of crystalguard from japan (much more expensive than here ) and put it on his cars yesterday. i looked at it, not impress . touched the paint, man, it's so rough just like sand paper ! he said it's very easy to use. wash car, spray on while the car is still wet and wipe. but i don't know why he took couple more steps. after wipe dry the car, hose down the car and wipe dry it again . anyway, i won't put this on my car :'(.

also, mr. clean autodry is a gimmick. my other friend tried it and the result wasn't good at all, especially the windows :'(.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:09 AM
Senior Members

How much will the 16 oz. bottle of RejeX cover? I'm thinking of treating my car with this.. However - I'm pretty satisfied with the AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection which seems extremely good and durable (5-6 applications so far). Have any of you compared the two?
Old 05-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Senior Members

a bottle of rejex including shipping shouldn't cost you more than $20 .
Old 05-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by ornament' date='Nov 1 2004, 07:31 PM
Hi, all. Thanks for all of your info.? ? Now, my idea is getting more clear. Here is my my shopping list;

? or warm water with dish soap for initial washing (to remove remaing wax)

I will start shopping around to get them...? Still I cannot find Gel-gloss and RainX shampoo in the detailing shop around here yet. Any idea where to find them?
Do not use the California water blade on your car's painted surfaces. While they say that it will not scratch the paint, what will scratch the paint is any little piece of dirt or grit that gets stuck to the blade, as you pull it across your paint. I was considering getting one a few years ago and asked for opinions on a Porsche forum, and there was one guy who scratched up his beautiful black turbo--he even took pictures and it hurt to look at them. Get yourself a nice high quality chamois, and wash it with a bit of liquid dish soap in warm water after each use.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stream' date='May 9 2005, 03:54 AM
[quote name='ornament' date='Nov 1 2004, 07:31 PM']Hi, all. Thanks for all of your info.? ? Now, my idea is getting more clear. Here is my my shopping list;

? or warm water with dish soap for initial washing (to remove remaing wax)

I will start shopping around to get them...? Still I cannot find Gel-gloss and RainX shampoo in the detailing shop around here yet. Any idea where to find them?
Do not use the California water blade on your car's painted surfaces. While they say that it will not scratch the paint, what will scratch the paint is any little piece of dirt or grit that gets stuck to the blade, as you pull it across your paint. I was considering getting one a few years ago and asked for opinions on a Porsche forum, and there was one guy who scratched up his beautiful black turbo--he even took pictures and it hurt to look at them. Get yourself a nice high quality chamois, and wash it with a bit of liquid dish soap in warm water after each use.
[snapback]125947[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just like the water blade, a chamois requires rubbing over the paint. So be careful with dark colored cars.

The best thing to do is buy 2 microfiber waffle weaven microfiber towels and blot to collect the water. Microfiber is the best for your car's paint.

Quick Reply: Glass coating for new car?