Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Foam Cannons

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my next obsession with detailing is the foam cannons. It hasn't been discussed much here, but I love it! If you haven't used one, go out and get it!

There are a couple of options out there right now.

One from Autogeek and the other from www.polishedbliss.com

I actually ordered the one from polished bliss but b/c its a UK based company the exchange rate is killing the deal and the fact that it'll take much longer to receive makes me want to cancel it (they haven't shipped it yet, I literally ordered it 2 hours ago)

If there is no difference between the two, I'd rather get the one from Autogeek b/c from time to time I get discount codes.

Thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I have the larger of the two sizes, from Autogeek. It's great, but makes my driveway a giant bubble bath. LOL!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Contributors

Do you see a difference between the two C's?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by BulldogE60' post='1003442' date='Sep 9 2009, 11:11 PM
Do you see a difference between the two C's?
What two C's? Just kidding!

I've only used the Autogeek. However, I did use the Wash bottle attachment on my Pressure Gun Washer a few times with the soap suds from the Chemical Guys. T\hat did a pretty sick job as well. In fact, the Pressure washer pumped out suds that stuck to the car and stayed on longer. I believe this was due to the air that was being released as well, thus making the suds lighter, compared to the Autogeek which is just a direct connection to a hose. These suds are heavier and drip down off the car quicker. The idea behind this method is to loosen the dirt, prior to getting the mitts out. Which one is better is up for debate. However, having the suds stay on the car longer is definitely cooler looking.

Contact member, FMINUS. He was supposedly making some Foam Gun/Cannon to sell to other members, as he has tried many methods.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1003447' date='Sep 9 2009, 08:16 PM
What two C's? Just kidding!

I've only used the Autogeek. However, I did use the Wash bottle attachment on my Pressure Gun Washer a few times with the soap suds from the Chemical Guys. T\hat did a pretty sick job as well. In fact, the Pressure washer pumped out suds that stuck to the car and stayed on longer. I believe this was due to the air that was being released as well, thus making the suds lighter, compared to the Autogeek which is just a direct connection to a hose. These suds are heavier and drip down off the car quicker. The idea behind this method is to loosen the dirt, prior to getting the mitts out. Which one is better is up for debate. However, having the suds stay on the car longer is definitely cooler looking.

Contact member, FMINUS. He was supposedly making some Foam Gun/Cannon to sell to other members, as he has tried many methods.

Ahhh I C C's haha.

Ok one more Q about the purchase of this. Heres the link to the product for those wondering http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-foam-cannon-hp.html

Do I just select the K series fitment and purchase as is for 119.99? Or do I also have to get the K-Series washer fitting?

PS definitely going for that cool look, my neighbors already look at me crazy when they see me bust out my pressure washer haha. Imagine when they see me makin it snow!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: I have an 05 545i. It's a manual with a few options. This is my first BMW but I don't know how I'll ever be able to switch to something else.

Yeah I would cancel that order and get the one from Autogeek, that exchange rate is NOT worth it.

I've never used one before, but I understand the concepts for it and I would buy one if I had the $$$ right now

What kind of pressure washer are you using?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kaiten408' post='1003632' date='Sep 10 2009, 12:49 AM
Yeah I would cancel that order and get the one from Autogeek, that exchange rate is NOT worth it.

I've never used one before, but I understand the concepts for it and I would buy one if I had the $$$ right now

What kind of pressure washer are you using?
Karcher 1500psi. Already cancelled. Waiting for some AG discounts
Old 09-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

So with foam cannon, no scrubbing the car is necessary? Just spray, and it eats the dirt away?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1004241' date='Sep 10 2009, 05:59 PM
So with foam cannon, no scrubbing the car is necessary? Just spray, and it eats the dirt away?
No. You still have to get the mitts out. However, this does a few things... Outside of loosening the dirt and grime, it also removes any heavy particles that can get trapped in your mitts as you run them over your car during the wash process. Here's my process:

1. Rinse Car
2. Foam Cannon/Gun
3. Let Sit
4. Rinse
5. Mitts Wash
6. Rinse
7. Wheels
8. Dry with Leaf Blower and towels
9. Drink a six-pack and pass out
Old 09-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1004247' date='Sep 10 2009, 03:03 PM
No. You still have to get the mitts out. However, this does a few things... Outside of loosening the dirt and grime, it also removes any heavy particles that can get trapped in your mitts as you run them over your car during the wash process. Here's my process:

1. Rinse Car
2. Foam Cannon/Gun
3. Let Sit
4. Rinse
5. Mitts Wash
6. Rinse
7. Wheels
8. Dry with Leaf Blower and towels
9. Drink a six-pack and pass out ( or take a few shots of your favorite vodka (goose for me ) )
*Edit for ya C's*

Actually what I do is just steps 1-3 and use the 2 bucket method and just WIPE (not scrub) the dirt off.

The foam does a great job at picking up the dirt and grime off of the car.

Quick Reply: Foam Cannons