Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

FLEX Polishers in stock!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04' 530i Sport/premium/cold wx/PDC/xenon.

I've been on a wait list for the Flex orbital polisher at the distributer. I just happen to call them this morning to check on the backorder and I caught them unloading the truck. So I snapped one up right away.

Here's the link to the website. http://www.pwr-house.com/FLEX.html

I'm starting to acquire what I need for what will be a hobby for me.
1) Katcher powerwasher with foam gun attachment
2) Flex orbital polisher
3) A variety of Chemical Guys supplies

Now all I need is for the seasons to change!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Piloti' post='511051' date='Dec 27 2007, 12:19 PM
I've been on a wait list for the Flex orbital polisher at the distributer. I just happen to call them this morning to check on the backorder and I caught them unloading the truck. So I snapped one up right away.

Here's the link to the website. http://www.pwr-house.com/FLEX.html

I'm starting to acquire what I need for what will be a hobby for me.
1) Katcher powerwasher with foam gun attachment
2) Flex orbital polisher
3) A variety of Chemical Guys supplies

Now all I need is for the seasons to change!

Wow! that looks nice!

Its pricey but i hear its worth it, good luck.

RJ
Old 12-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

What are the key differences vs the Porter Cable 7424 ??

Cheers
Old 12-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Contributors

WestCoast550 so far I have read multiple reviews on Autogeek, Classic Motoring, and Autopia.org that have all rated the Flex orbital polisher higher than the currently availalble orbital polishers. Since I'm new to orbital polishers I have absolutely zero authority to render an opinion, and I am assuming a huge leap of faith that I am not being bamboozled.

Having admitted my ignorance, on this forum, I am trusting in the highly regarded opinion of FMINUS, who has rendered his opinion elsewhere in this forum.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by Piloti' post='511201' date='Dec 27 2007, 08:37 PM
WestCoast550 so far I have read multiple reviews on Autogeek, Classic Motoring, and Autopia.org that have all rated the Flex orbital polisher higher than the currently availalble orbital polishers. Since I'm new to orbital polishers I have absolutely zero authority to render an opinion, and I am assuming a huge leap of faith that I am not being bamboozled.

Having admitted my ignorance, on this forum, I am trusting in the highly regarded opinion of FMINUS, who has rendered his opinion elsewhere in this forum.
..... we never doubt the "Master " ....... ..........I have no idea either. I'm a newbe to the detailing process but I'm also nit about the process so I am just as curious as you .

Cheers
Old 01-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Contributors

Just received the Flex today, can't wait to try it out.
Attached Thumbnails FLEX Polishers in stock!-flex2.jpg  
Old 01-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Contributors

Well ..... It looks good ! I got mine a few days ago as well . We'll have to compare newbe polisher results later !!

Cheers
Old 01-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

That thing looks bad ass!

I want to get one of those. Do you guys know where I can watch some how-to videos online that teach you the basic techniques to using a random orbital?

And what are some good polishes? Is it possible to polish out orange peel and make the paint look like glass?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='513914' date='Jan 5 2008, 01:31 AM

I want to get one of those. Do you guys know where I can watch some how-to videos online that teach you the basic techniques to using a random orbital?

And what are some good polishes? Is it possible to polish out orange peel and make the paint look like glass?
I think you should direct that question to FMINUS or CsBimmer..... I know they have lots of how to vids on the Autogeek.net site..... good luck
Old 01-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='513914' date='Jan 5 2008, 01:31 AM

KnIgHtCoM I'm reviewing the videos and instructions on Autopia.org as a starter. I have no prior experience with a random orbital polisher, but I don't think that the learning curve is too steep. There are no instructional materials with the Flex device.
I'm still checking out some instructional materials as well, Griot's has one.
I received some Menzerna products for Christmas so I'm going to start with these polishes.
I don't know the answer to your question about orange peel. I think you might want to ask FMINUS.

Quick Reply: FLEX Polishers in stock!