Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Detailing Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I took the trip to Detailing Dynamics in Mineola, NY yesterday afternoon. I was very impressed with their workshop. This guy takes pride in his work and it shows BIG TIME. They are a little pricy, i'm paying $450 to get the exterior of my car done, but I have a feeling they will be well worth it. He took about 20 minutes with me explaining the process and even did a small section of my car. When I was there there were 2 M5's and 2 Porsches getting detailed. My appointment if for May 16, believe it or not that was the earliest date available. I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:49 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 2003 Audi RS6/2002 Porsche 911 Turbo/2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Originally Posted by ScorpioBMW1' post='559049' date='Apr 10 2008, 08:45 AM
Hi guys, I took the trip to Detailing Dynamics in Mineola, NY yesterday afternoon. I was very impressed with their workshop. This guy takes pride in his work and it shows BIG TIME. They are a little pricy, i'm paying $450 to get the exterior of my car done, but I have a feeling they will be well worth it. He took about 20 minutes with me explaining the process and even did a small section of my car. When I was there there were 2 M5's and 2 Porsches getting detailed. My appointment if for May 16, believe it or not that was the earliest date available. I'll keep you posted.
yes the guys at Detailing Dynamics are great!

Honestly they gave you a great price at $450.

We are right there with them for an exterior detail/paint correction
Old 04-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by ScorpioBMW1' post='559049' date='Apr 10 2008, 09:45 AM
Yes Matt knows what he's talking about. I'm out on the Island at least twice a month and stopped in one day. He provided me the same courtesy. He'll go the extra mile and I believe once he's done and you continue with his products, it'll stand up to most any other product on the market.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Contributors

that seems a bit pricey to me ....
Old 04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Jet Black, natural brown interior, automatic, Logic 7, ipod, lane departure warning.

I'd deal w/ Eddie. Seems more of a straight shooter...but otherwise, they do great work, and deal w/ tons of upscale autos.

Sound dimension in Syosset is also very good, and cheaper...

IMO - I think there is a point where there are diminishing returns when you pay over $300 for a detail.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Contributors

$450 is actually quite fair I think. My car is full of swirls and imperfections.The previous detailers never used an orbital and you can tell....they ruined my orient blue paint. They will no doubt work hard for there $$ with my car. Matt was great with me. Never had the chance to meet Eddie.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

First off, Matt is the owner. Second, these guys are considered some of the best in the business. Their clientele is no joke. They charge $65/hour. $450 is a great price, as it normally takes around 8-10 hours to do the exterior of a car like ours.

If any of you New Yorkers had come to the last meet at Tuning Tech, you would have also joined us at Detail Dynamics for their annual Ping Pong BBQ, which Matt is now doing for his favorite clients. We drove to both places for both meets. He served up great food and had some of his top clients attend. They make our BMW's (M5's included) look like chump change.

A lot of the M5 guys on M5board go to Matt and I am considering him as well (even though I do my own work). As for his shop, it has to be one of the cleanest and most serious detail shops I have ever seen. His methods and process have been written up.

I highly suggest anyone in the Tri-State area that is looking for only the best to go to Matt.

Originally Posted by moschse' post='559236' date='Apr 10 2008, 04:28 PM
Sound dimension in Syosset is also very good, and cheaper...
Cheaper, yes. Good? Not really. I sent my mother-in-law to them for her Black Lexus and they did a mediocre job. I originally sent her to see Matt at DD, but she didn't want to pay the money. I wasn't a fan of their work...but that's just my opinion. Matt also happens to be Armenian, as am I, so maybe I'm a bit biased.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Sport & Premium package with bluetooth, 6 disk cd-Changer, stock 18's dunlop wrapped, leather, adaptive headlights, CPO, See my gallery :DR.I.P...Stock Silver 2004 530i with grey interior, HID,
Model Year: 2005
Engine: M54

so you spend $450+ to correct the finish on your car... how long does it last? how do you prevent putting the swirls back on again when you wash it on your own? i doubt you're going to be going back weekly for a wash, right...?

i say learn to do this to a reasonable level and save some hard cash for mods... unless you wipe your ass with $100 dollar bills, you know ...

am i alone in thinking that almost $500 for this is an awful lot?

orlee
Old 04-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by orlee008' post='559440' date='Apr 10 2008, 10:41 PM
so you spend $450+ to correct the finish on your car... how long does it last? how do you prevent putting the swirls back on again when you wash it on your own? i doubt you're going to be going back weekly for a wash, right...?

i say learn to do this to a reasonable level and save some hard cash...

am i alone in thinking that almost $500 for this is an awful lot?

orlee
Not if you see his work. I should also mention this... Have any rock chips on your hood? Matt and his team will color match the chips, fill in the area, smooth it out, detail it, protect it with multiple layers and make it look like new. That's the extra mile they go to. Is that work the extra money? On a dark car...I think it is. As for how long it lasts... If you wash it properly (2 sets of mitts, 2 buckets) for each wash, you will be fine. bboomer on M5board goes to Matt every 6 months. He has a JetBlack M5. I see him fairly often. His car looks outstanding and I can't believe he only goes once every 6 months. If you plan on taking your car to a car wash after you let Matt work on your car, then you might as well not go to Matt. That will be a waste of money. If you follow his directions on upkeep, you will be amazed at how well it lasts. Again, he's one of the best in the biz.

Here's his site.

http://www.detailingdynamics.com/index.html

Judge for yourself...
Old 04-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Contributors

Boys and girls......thanks for your concern but $450 is not gonna drive me to the poor house. I do plan on only washing my car by hand....and keeping a fresh coat of synthetic wax on it....not the carnuba that washes away almost instantaneously. I did spend over $60 on my baby over 4 years ago.....she deserves it....and no I don't plan on doing this monthly.

Quick Reply: Detailing Dynamics