Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Custom Interior Window Cleaning Tool

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My credit card got charged today and it's shipping UPS extra slow.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Sep 15 2004, 07:10 PM
My credit card got charged today and it's shipping UPS extra slow.
[snapback]34583[/snapback]
Jimbo, you have to admit I have been patiently waiting . Did you ever receive the "tool". If not, that's one heck of a slow boat (maybe it's on the snail-express ).

Anyhow, any updates?
Old 10-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

Hi, RH530,
I got it last week. Haven't used it yet.
I'll give it a whirl today or tomorrow.
Jimbo
Old 10-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

I finally had time to try out my new "Glass Wizard" window cleaning tool.
If you check out the picture above, you'll see a blue cloth pad around the cleaning surface. The cloth has an elastic edging so it's washable/replaceable. It's very thin and almost smooth so as you move it around the window, it leaves your solution everywhere since it doesn't soak it up.

It doesn't have much scrubbing power so it does a gentle cleaning. You definitely have to use a non-streaking window cleaning solution or you'll have to follow up with a dry, lint free cloth.

A couple of extra blue pads came along with the deal. Also, a couple of nylon mesh pads with elastic edging was included as well. It's supposed to be for dirtier windows that need junk rubbed off. A very small spray pump bottle was included as well. A 4 piece 4' slide together extension pole was included as well. I don't remember seeing this as part of the deal.

The unit itself has a foam pad for cushioning under the blue installed pad since the pads are so thin. I expect this not to last very long because the foam will be absorbing cleaning fluid and drying out everytime it's used. We'll see though. It would probably be fairly easy to glue on a piece of replacement foam or to cover the cleaning surface with a thin towel to do the cleaning once everything is worn out.

Added:

The one main problem I see with it is that if your windows are semi-dirty, it may just push the dirt around since the pad is so thin. My windows were already pretty clean (as they usually are).

My problem is that I used some Windex with vinegar (it comes that way). The solution, while working well with regular towels where you can turn the towel to dry the window, didn't work well with the Glass Wizard. I just need to get some better cleaning solution, maybe some Stoners Invisible Glass.

Overall, the concept is good, as far as the handle quality, shape, flexibility go. You can reach the entire windshield w/o moving much. However, as far as the pad is concerned, I need to do some more testing before I give it my 100% vote.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

sounds good. i'll probably get one...if the lazy me is not that lazy .
Old 10-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Senior Members

I'm efficient,not lazy

btw, I sprayed my window cleaner directly onto the cleaning pad.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Oct 3 2004, 03:40 PM
I'm efficient,not lazy

btw, I sprayed my window cleaner directly onto the cleaning pad.
[snapback]41046[/snapback]
i think i'm the laziest one if we talk about washing/cleaning my car .

thanks for the tip .
Old 10-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Oct 3 2004, 06:45 PM
i think i'm the laziest one if we talk about washing/cleaning my car .
[snapback]41052[/snapback]
You should try the Mr. Clean washing system. I've heard good things about it. No drying involved.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Oct 3 2004, 04:18 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Oct 3 2004, 06:45 PM']i think i'm the laziest one if we talk about washing/cleaning my car .
[snapback]41052[/snapback]
You should try the Mr. Clean washing system. I've heard good things about it. No drying involved.
[snapback]41063[/snapback]
[/quote]
i'm even too lazy for that ! even worse is i live in condo and has a place to wash car but i hardly at home. my gf also lives in condo and no place to wash car but i'm always there . so that makes me care more about the interior than the exterior and because i'm seeing it and touching it everyday. i have my car do a "mini detail" in a detail shop every 4-6 weeks though.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Members

Jimbo, thanks for the update.

So, would you say it was worth the purchase or not (I wasn't clear on that from your description -- seemed like you were OK with it at the end but the description sounded like it had its flaws)?

Quick Reply: Custom Interior Window Cleaning Tool