Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Chemical Guys Detail Product Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys heres my review of Chemical Guys 1.Wet Mirror finish , 2. Blue detailing spray 3. leather conditioner

I first used Dawn to remove any previous wax, and build up. I didnt use a polisher , because last month I used a cleaner, polisher and after the dawn the surface was still slick. No contaminants were found when I rubbed the surface with tissue.

Appearance- The Wet mirror finish is creamy like lotion and glides on the surface with an applicator very easily. Also every product from Chemical guys is scented like candy or fruit , and very pleasant to the nose. Each product is also colored differently from pastels to neon colors.
The finish does spread on evenly , and like the directions said you can buff it with a microfibre towel after applying. I waited at least 10 mins then buffed out by hand.

Pro Detailing spray extreme synthetic shine detailer was applied the next day. My brother in law also used it on his slighlty dusty escalade and the results were tremendous. It looked like he just washed and waxed it. This product can be used as a waterless car wash . It contains synthetic polymers and enhancers.

The cost of the Wet mirror finish was $18 for a 16 oz bottle. For double the price you get a full Gallon of the stuff , but I was just giving it a trial. The detailer was $22 a gallon. I figure I will use that stuff the most. The prices are very cheap , and you get more than what you normally would from Zaino or meguiars etc.

My overall feelings about the stuff tested is that it does give a fair shine compared to meguiars products , and the ease of applying also was awesome. For now im happ with the stuff ,and it also didnt burn a hole in the wallet. If you tend to wax on a weekly bases for those who are tweaked out compulsive cleaners, I recommend the gallon sizes. Itll last quite awhile.
Altho I like the stuff Im always open to trying different things. In a couple of weeks is Zaino z2, and the z8 or z6 detailer comparison.
Chemical guys is located on Century blvd across the Hollywood Park Race track ,and 5 mins from LAX. Its a wherehouse and retail store so pick up is welcomed, and so is trial use of their stuff. They have a cart outside with bottles of all their products for you to try out. I highly recommend you bring your car clean or dirty to try the products.

Heres the results. Let me add this is day after waxing. Last night I even went out and left her in the open. This morning I used the detailer. I believe pics immediatley waxing doesnt show the true abilities since anything you take a pic of just cleaned will look wet.

I was given a free trial pack of another line of detailing products. I was told "Smart" is their exclusive products that are sold at Exotic car dealerships, and detailing places.
The leather conditioner tested is very nice. I first used lexol cleaner then applied the lotion like conditioner.easy to use and its also scented with a leather like smell . It made the leather feel supple, and at the same time made it came to life without leaving a greasy like residue.

Please feel free to ask any questions here.
here is their website. They have some stuff called "one" Its a new product they just made and isnt listed on the website. Its a spray on waterless detailer that cleans, polishes , and protects for those who dont have time or on the go. It contains dirt lifters, and "clay bar like substances in a liquid form. I was told people from Australia purcahse it since they have a drought and water usage is restricted.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/category_s/3.htm
Old 04-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

very clean. nice results
Old 05-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Senior Members

Ok after the chemical guys detail, I wasnt to thrilled. I figured I needed a polish , and guess what it worked.
I used an orbital buffer, and followed up with the Chemical guys mirror finish then sprayed some of the detailing juice.
Notice any difference with the first set of pics? I can easily see the flakes in the paint. I probably had to polish out the old wax build up first.