Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Carnauba wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using Zaino products on my BMWs for a fews years now - with excellent results. The shine is brilliant and it holds up over time very well while keeping the surface baby-butt smooth. The only issue I have with Zaino on my Jet Black color is that it lacks depth in the look.

I recently read a post on the M5board with a suggestion to layer Zaino, Carnauba wax, and then Zaino on top. I plan to try this out on the 550 in a few weeks as part of a full detailing treatment.

So I ordered some Pinnacle Souveran pure Brazilian ivory carnauba wax from Autogeek and yesterday I tried it out on Mrs. Tachyon's Volvo hood (after a wash, clay, polish and two coats of Z5).

WOW. Carnauba is better than sex. (well, not really, but you get the point). It was sooo easy to apply and buff clean - less difficult than laying on a coat of Zaino. Plus, the smell is pure heaven.

I'm hooked on this stuff and can't wait to try it out on the 550.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

good i ll consider it when i get my car

post some picks when you do it on the 550