Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer vs. Dirty Pads

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Daily Driver
Default BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer vs. Dirty Pads

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer restores your foam, wool, and microfiber polishing pads by fully removing all product residues. When polishing pads are cleaned thoroughly after every use, they maintain their texture and performance far longer than neglected pads. Not only does maintaining your pads save money, you will get better results as well. Keep your pads polishing flawlessly with BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer.

Name:  x.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  434.5 KB

Directions: Mix 1 scoop of BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer with 3-4 gallons of water. Place soiled polishing pads into bucket after use and allow to soak for 15 minutes. Massage cleaner through out the pad and rinse clean. Allow pads to dry face down.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  361.1 KB

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer (BF APC&R) is a powder detergent which mixes effortlessly with water. What is nice about this cleaner is that you can mix up a bucket, set it in the corner of the garage, and throw your pads into the solution to soak while you continue you polishing.

I used a number of polishing pads through out the weekend, and had some dirty pads laying around the garage, so I figured I would give BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer a test.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  361.1 KB

Add one scoop of cleaner to 3-4 gallons of water and mix around until the solution feels "slick".

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  376.7 KB

Here is one of the dirtier pads... A orange Lake Country CCS Foam Pad.

Set the pad into the solution and massage the pad, allowing the solution to soak into the cells of the foam.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  457.5 KB

In just seconds, most the dirt was released. However, I let the pad (and the other ones) soak over night as I continued detailing. The final after picture will be at the end.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  423.1 KB

Early the next morning I had a bucket full of dirty pads. Massage the pads uin the solution (you can see the polish residue releasing as I squeeze this white pad).

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  367.1 KB

Squeeze out as much solution and polish residue as possible.

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  339.9 KB

Notice the black bucket. I like to fill up a second bucket with just water (two-bucket method anybody ). Squeeze and massage the pad in the clean water to flush out at remaining residues.

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  371.3 KB

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  364.7 KB

If you have a rotary polisher, now is a good time to spin the pad to help dry it. Then set the pad face down to allow any water to drain out and evaporate.

Name:  9.jpg
Size:  460.6 KB

Some stubborn residues may require a light scrubbing with a pad brush. Here is the orange pad from the very beginning of the thread. No doubt that BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer did an awesome job!

Name:  10.jpg
Size:  396.0 KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1.jpg (361.1 KB, 12 views)