Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Big scratch what shall I do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '89 BMW E34 525i M20

Originally Posted by MikeBuzzsaw' post='377764' date='Jan 13 2007, 01:30 PM
After getting off work, I was sitting in my car adjusting my radio. All of a sudden I feel a thud and my heart drops. Some chick on her cell backed out of her spot and into my rear in a parking lot, and I WASN'T EVEN MOVING. I was sitting perfectly in my designated spot. Sigh. Her Benz C230 rear bumper was pretty bent up and scratched. I suffered minor scratches on my bumper and a chip. I sorta wished she messed up my bumper more so I could get a M-tech kit .

Worst part is that the police says theres nothing they can do about it because no witnesses!! Since its only minor, cop told me just to fix it yourself and not have insurance involved.

I decided to take pictures of the scratched bumper, but it sorta turned into a photo shoot.

So anyways, how should I fix this? Went to detail shop and said it'll buff out and look 80% new but the chip is the problem. He said he could spray with original paint. He'll just mask and paint the bottom portion for another $65. Any other alternative that won't hit my wallet too bad?
Uhhhhh, why do I smell BS..?

The damage should be obvious, I don't think you tried hard enough to get her to pay up - because you don't need WITNESSES even if the other person disputes it, the damage should show the story straight up. At least try to get her ass punished, or better yet, off the road.
The cops don't matter nearly as much as the insurance here, they weren't there either - so don't let them make a story FOR you, it's not their job. Weren't you on a private lot? No cameras at your work? I'd park someplace with cameras if I had a car like yours...

Sorry, but this crap pisses me off, had to say something.