Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

BIG "A" DETAILING Queens,NY (718)445-9995

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks to Bimmerfest member BlaZinMJ3 Mike for making the trip from Philly to Queens, NY!
hell let me know when hes ready for me & johnny to come down there to detail his sisters & mothers cars & maybe a few others. were ready when he is!

i didn't mind mike hanging out all day while we worked on his car. he was a pretty cool customer, didn't really bother me to much =)

2006 Obsidian Black Metallic CLS55 AMG Fully Loaded

3M Perfect-It Ultrafine Machine Polish
6.5" & 4.0" blue pads on my Flex mini L 3403 VRG rotary

1Z Einszett Glanz Wax to seal the clear as a bottom coat (applied by hand)

2 layers of Collinite # 476S Super Double Coat Auto Wax (applied by hand)

i wanted to give the customer a great durable blanket of protection with an awsome shine as well.
this is his daily driver so nothing crazy was really done. the paint does need a more heavy 3 step compounding & polishing but for now this will get him through the rest of the winter & into early spring.

giving the customer more than what he asked for & going beyond his expectations to make him happy is what its all about. if it takes laying on the floor on top of a piece of cardboard just so i can hand polish his exhaust tips then thats what ill do. if i have to tooth pick, tooth brush & qtip every single crevice to make sure theres no polish or wax residue left behind then thats what ill do. if i have to polish the chrome by the trunk lock with a qtip then that's what ill do.

all glass was polished out with #000 extra fine steel wool.
head & tail lights were polished out.
Rejex was applied to all glass, lights, wheels & exhaust tip.

philly is a cool place! south st & market st are great places to visit for the day. lots of shopping, bars, hot chicks & jims cheesesteak as well! i have a hand built skateboard from nocturnal skate shop on 3rd & south & i have most of my tattoo work done by tony baris of body graphics tattoo on 4th & south. its going to be a fun 2 days hanging out in philly while detailing a few cars just having a blast & working away from the shop.

the car was finished later on in the day around 4pm so the sun wasn't out for me to capture any direct sunlight shots. it was a little cloudy out but i think you can get the idea of how deep & crystal clear the reflections are off the clear coat.

qtipin & tooth pickin

inside

hood

roof

trunk
Old 02-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

outside

back of trunk

top of trunk

roof

driver fender

hood
Old 02-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Senior Members

customer feedback:
Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ3
Let me sum up BIG "A" in a paragraph since i'm crazy busy here at the restaurant right now. First off, this guy made way out of is schedule to get me in since i'm only off on a sunday unless otherwise i take off for a week. His shop is located about 2 hours from where I live in a beautiful part of Queens, NYC. He is a good hard worker who REALLY pays attention to detail, i thought i was bad until i met him, he REALLY is a perfectionist. Now this is my daily so I was looking for a simple polish and wax to keep it solid throughout the rest of winter. He went beyond my expectations and got rid of 80% of scracthes as well(i bought the car used so it def had scratches i wasn't too fond of). His shop is well kept, his employee's are AWESOME and i even got to watch tv and play video games while waiting. I wont lie though I was usually over his shoulder learning his techniques. Thats def a positive that he was willing to teach me tips and give me hints on a good polish and wax. I reccomend Andrew and believe he has a fine business! thanks again!