Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Beige Leather

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[B]I was getting out of my 5er today and realized that my seats were dirty so i got out the old bmw brand leather cleaner and went to work well to my suprise its still dirty! Ive only owned my 5er for 2 weeks and already im going crazy trying to keep the inside new! Can anyone give me any tips on how to keep the leather from getting stained from just day to day driving.....maybe theres a treatment for the leather...please let me know
Old 07-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

I had the same problem on my previous BMW, that's why I went with black leather this time.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Senior Members

Beige is a beautiful color for the interior and a wonderful contrast with any exterior color. One of my minivans and my wife's last sedan have the beige interior. They are such a b-tch to keep clean. Latest van is grey interior and my 545 will be black. It will be hot but will not show much dirt. I can exert my energy on the exterior
Old 07-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Members

You need to get the BMW care kit.
they have special leather cleaners, i haven't tried it myself yet but a friend of mine told me about it. I have beige leather myself and i'm starting to notice the color change from day to day use, I even sit on a towel when coming back from the gym or a football game and yet it still gets dirty.

Note: make sure the cleaner you buy is not the type that makes your leather oily, you want your leather to have the same look when you bought it.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Contributors

I use the Leather cleaner that the AAFES Gas Station carries. It comes in a dark bottle. I don't remember the name. It is about 4 bucks a bottle and works great on my grey interior or you can go with the leather cleaner from BMW. You can also use the cleaner from Liederland in Belgium. They have some really good cleaner.

Later,
Kris
Old 07-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Members

I absolutely agree. Most of the leather cleaners on the market tend to lose the new/natural feel of the leather and make them oily. I wonder if people can provide some names of leather cleaners that dont make the leather oily.

Desert530, how is the BMW service there in Saudi? In the UAE, the authorized agent's service is far from satisfactory. What they can't diagnose is always concluded as "normal".
Old 07-16-2004, 09:37 PM
Contributors

Ikea sell a leather cleaner which consists of 'blocks' of cleaning material . its pretty inexpensive but works fantastic and is not oil based .

I had a 735 with beige leather which it cleaned very well.

Bottom line is beige adopts a 'lived in' patina very quickly , that's why I went for black this time.

DD
Old 07-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Contributors

Will the gray interior be similar to the Beige in this respect? i.e. looking "lived in"
Old 07-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: DMS 535d. Titanium Silver on Black leather. M- Sport Package.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO FIRST IS TO GET A TEFLON TREATMENT FOR YOUR NEW
5 SERIES BOTH INSIDE AND OUT. IT IS A BIT EXPENSIVE BUT ITS WORTH IT. THIS WILL SEAL YOUR BEIGE LEATHER PORES AND PROTECT IT FROM DIRT AND FUTURE CRACKS. THEN ASK BMW FOR THEIR LATEST LEATHER CLEANING KIT. IT IS READY TO USE VERY EASY AND WORKS VERY WELL. BELIEVE ME I HAVE A NEW 5 WITH BEIGE LEATHER AND THIS HAS WORKED FOR ME. TEFLON WILL ALSO PROTECT YOUR EXTERIOR AS WELL FROM ANY KIND OF DIRT.

GOOD LUCK
Old 07-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Members

530e60: I would say the service here in Saudi is about the same in UAE, they refer to UAE for all unresolved problems. But if you push them hard enough you will get what you need.

As for the Ikea leather cleaner I think I will try to get my hands on that.
My last car was black leather, yes no problems at all. But this time I thought I should go with beige since I live in a hot region. Imagine black leather at such weather, it would be like an oven (not that it is not right now).

Quick Reply: Beige Leather