Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Bad results with rejex..

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Jun 21 2005, 09:24 PM
Do not know exactly what to say since I have never experienced anything like you reported. One thing RejeX will not do is smooth the paint if it has anything rough to the touch. A clay bar would do that. Another question I would have would be was the RejeX allowed to cure after finishing for 12 hours at 85F degrees without using the car? That usually requires an overnight storing in a garage out of the elements, or at least that is the way I do mine. And of course, the Rejex needs to be applied under the same conditions. I always get it off well before 30 minutes. RejeX is not to be used over corroded or oxidized surfaces and is no cure for scratches or swirls.

However, if you feel it is below your expectations and you paid heed to the above, there is a money-back, no-quesitons-asked guarantee.
[snapback]141634[/snapback]

What would one use on a car with lots of swirls marks before applying Rejex, then?
The car was left outside in 10-15C degrees. It does say not OVER 85F (30C), right?? I think maybe I put too much Rejex on it. It was not just a haze, but a thin coat I had to remove.

Atle
Old 06-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by atta_svg' date='Jun 27 2005, 08:55 PM
[quote name='paasan' date='Jun 24 2005, 12:05 PM']I would definitely make sure that the Paint Renovator was removed properly before applying anything else. Try using the Paint Renovator once more on the tricky surface, and then apply Extra Gloss Protection to the car. I'm guessing it may also be better to use a machine on the hood, as it would simplify the process quite a bit.
[snapback]142653[/snapback]
The Paint Renovator was removed, but not sure I used the polish to smooth it out afterwards. and yeah, I used a machine.

By the way, since we're in the same country (hei!) .. have you any idea what a "clay bar" is, and where to get one?

Atle
[snapback]143487[/snapback]
[/quote]

I use Meguiar's quick clay detailer. (check out their web site) First you spray a Iubricating detail liquid on the car (in sections) & then glide the clay bar over the car & then wipe off the excess Iiquid with a microfibre cloth.

The clay removes pollutants and other particles that have adhered to the paint leaving the surface extremely smooth & prepped for a polish, wax, zaino, rejex etc
Old 06-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue 530i. Sport package, Auto, Premium package, xenon headlights. Mods to come!

Big question does your GF's car have a clear coat finish on it? If so using anything with any abrasive material in it will absolutely kill the finish! Once you scratch the clear coat doesn't matter what you use you will not get a shine back! I agree with the above about using the clay bar! Clean 1st with liquid Dawn to remove old waxes ect. (That stuff removes all kinds of gunk!)Clay bar car wet with soapy liquid dawn water. Then rewash car with Zaino car wash and start applying coats of Zaino polish! Use Z5 for swirls ect. when your happy with finish switch to Z2! I also recomend getting the accelerator so you don't have to wait for the Z2 or Z5 to dry plus you can do multiple coats in one day!
Old 06-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hpdrifter' date='Jun 30 2005, 03:49 AM
Big question does your GF's car have a clear coat finish on it? If so using anything with any abrasive material in it will absolutely kill the finish! Once you scratch the clear coat doesn't matter what you use you will not get a shine back! I agree with the above about using the clay bar! Clean 1st with liquid Dawn to remove old waxes ect. (That stuff removes all kinds of gunk!)Clay bar car wet with soapy liquid dawn water. Then rewash car with Zaino car wash and start applying coats of Zaino polish! Use Z5 for swirls ect. when your happy with finish switch to Z2! I also recomend getting the accelerator so you don't have to wait for the Z2 or Z5 to dry plus you can do multiple coats in one day!
[snapback]144406[/snapback]
I don't think it has a clear coat..unless of course the hood was repainted (she bought it used, but only a year old). The "Paint renovator" witch has small aluminium particles in it says its compatible with metallic paint (as this is).

I'll try to get a hold of a "clay bar", but I've never seen it in any shops here in Norway.

Atle