Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Autoglym polish

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d

Just gave the car a quick polish wity my favourite autoglym polish. Wonder if anyone here still uses the stuff. Reading some the posts here I worry I am not doing or using enough products. Their lists are as long as BMW option list.

Anyway the weather was good so felt like giving car a nice polish to take me into late spring when I will do a better job. Basically there are some swirl mark so I decided to use Autoglym Ultra deep Shine (my first time). I must say, it does help mask some swirls and am happy with it. I am not an expert in claying and removing a a layer of lacquer. Just don't have the guts to try that.

Anyway, washed car using BMW shampoo. Then applied 2 coats of Ultra Deep Shine followed by my favourite Super Resin Polish. Here is what the outcome looks like at the moment. I still have to apply the Extra Gloss Protection in a day or two. I like to let the polish set properly before applying the gloss. That would give the car a nice mirror finish once its done.

Maybe once day if I meet someone and watch how they clay the car and use a PC to remove a layer of lacquer, I might try it out.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Autoglym polish-21_02_2009_04_10_26.jpg   Autoglym polish-21_02_2009_04_32_36.jpg   Autoglym polish-21_02_2009_04_35_01.jpg   Autoglym polish-21_02_2009_04_35_15.jpg   Autoglym polish-21_02_2009_04_35_49.jpg  

Autoglym polish-21_02_2009_04_11_02.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Contributors

That looks GREAT! Say, the next time you're on this side of the pond can you stop over and clean up my car too!?!?
Old 02-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='798407' date='Feb 21 2009, 08:31 PM
Just gave the car a quick polish wity my favourite autoglym polish. Wonder if anyone here still uses the stuff. Reading some the posts here I worry I am not doing or using enough products. Their lists are as long as BMW option list.

Anyway the weather was good so felt like giving car a nice polish to take me into late spring when I will do a better job. Basically there are some swirl mark so I decided to use Autoglym Ultra deep Shine (my first time). I must say, it does help mask some swirls and am happy with it. I am not an expert in claying and removing a a layer of lacquer. Just don't have the guts to try that.

Anyway, washed car using BMW shampoo. Then applied 2 coats of Ultra Deep Shine followed by my favourite Super Resin Polish. Here is what the outcome looks like at the moment. I still have to apply the Extra Gloss Protection in a day or two. I like to let the polish set properly before applying the gloss. That would give the car a nice mirror finish once its done.

Maybe once day if I meet someone and watch how they clay the car and use a PC to remove a layer of lacquer, I might try it out.

cheers
Looks great! I use AutoGlym products too. SRP + EGP is the way to go !
Old 02-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='798446
Thanks. Glad to know you use Autoglym too. These days I read about so many products which I have never heard of or know where to buy.

I tend to use mostly autoglym from their leather cleaner and care, tyre shine, bummer care, glass polish etc. All works fine for me for a car with new paint or one thats still in good shape. if the paint is really damaged then perhaps some of the techniques mentioned in some of the threads here would be best.
cheers.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='798451' date='Feb 21 2009, 07:45 PM
Ok finally got around to applying the Autoglym Extra Gloss Polish. Damn easy to apply but hard to remove as always. But the trick is patience and it will come good at the end. Not sure how you buff it up but I use my hand instead of a machine. Took me quite a while to get done.

I tend to apply the gloss and while its drying up, its a good time to clean the glass (autoglym glass polish -excellent stuff), leather seats (autoglym cleaner + cream) and the interior (no real favourite brand here. Tends to be armorall).

I love the finished look after the gloss is put down. Here are a few pics. IMHO, there is no need for spending an insane amount to professional detailers. My advice, enjoy doing it yourself and in years to come, pay a professional painter for a good new paint job. That takes care of the stone chips which tend to increase as the years go by too.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Autoglym polish-01_03_2009_21_51_26.jpg   Autoglym polish-01_03_2009_21_53_11.jpg   Autoglym polish-01_03_2009_21_52_20.jpg   Autoglym polish-01_03_2009_21_52_57.jpg  
Old 03-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Members

I've been a fan of the Autoglym SRP since the first time I've used it.
If you don't have a rotary or polisher than the SRP is one of the
best polishes for hiding swirls that you can apply by hand.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dbusiness' post='806107' date='Mar 3 2009, 01:27 PM
I've been a fan of the Autoglym SRP since the first time I've used it.
If you don't have a rotary or polisher than the SRP is one of the
best polishes for hiding swirls that you can apply by hand.
totally agree with you. I have used Autoglym for donkey years now and really there has been no reason to switch to a different brand. I am too scared to use a machine polisher and so autoglym is all I put on the car. This has been my first black car and I found the autoglym Deep Ultra Shine was better at masking fine marks (better than the SRP) but for real great shine, nothing like the SRP. Thats why I put the Deep Ultra shine first and then the SRP. A week on, the gloss was applied and the effect IMO is really nice. Its also Cost effective, lasts for months and I dont need to have a wide variety of different polish and brands. I prefer to keep it simple. Any car other than black, I would not even bother with the deep shine polish.

I really can't see myself using anything other than autoglym. BTW, I don't sell or work for that company. I just like their products, much like I do BMWs.

cheers
Old 03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Good job...Looks really clean...I've never heard of these products here...Looked them up on the internet and the price is pretty reasonable...I'll have to give these a try...
Old 03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

wow what a result. Maybe I should try using Autoglym. Good job
Old 03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Members

Nice job. You should definitely polish with the PC, it is very easy and there is little to no risk of damaging your paint. Trust me, you'll be fine and glad you did!!

Have a look at this:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=63859

Quick Reply: Autoglym polish