Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Anzafin's washing method

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='1055145' date='Nov 15 2009, 03:52 PM
I agree!

So it is you who imports the Swissvax! Then we have emailed about some products at last summer!
It's a small world .
Hi,

Yup, If I remember correct, you were asking Best of Show wax... The world is small, and in the internet at smallest

Regards,

Jukka
Old 11-15-2009, 06:12 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='1055173' date='Nov 15 2009, 05:11 PM
Hi,

Yup, If I remember correct, you were asking Best of Show wax... The world is small, and in the internet at smallest

Regards,

Jukka
That is correct .
Old 11-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Members

My Ride: e60
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='1055052' date='Nov 15 2009, 01:46 AM
For interior I've been using AutoGlym products. Interior Shampoo and Vinyl and Rubber Care.
Actually I haven't considered ONR. It's maybe because I don't trust it enough. I'm very lucky I can use a warm washing hall so the washing at winter time is not a problem for me .
thanks for the reply. i live in texas so i don't worry about the cold so much

you should really try a small bottle of onr some time. i was skeptical too... but now i'm a believer. not for use all the time mind you, but most of the time onr kicks butt, does an incredible job without marring, and conserves water.

good luck!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dowe' post='1055328' date='Nov 15 2009, 11:22 PM
thanks for the reply. i live in texas so i don't worry about the cold so much

you should really try a small bottle of onr some time. i was skeptical too... but now i'm a believer. not for use all the time mind you, but most of the time onr kicks butt, does an incredible job without marring, and conserves water.

good luck!
Thanks for encouraging on the ONR! Maybe I should try it... And besides I love to order new products !
Old 11-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Members

Check this out guys, for the people who live in an area where the car dries out quick, I recommend (although it takes more time to do) washing your cars with a presurized hand pump decking sprayer with a fan nozzle... You can pick up a decent one for around $40... What I do to ensure I do a good job and minimize water spots (besides using deionized water), is to wash the car in sections, starting with the roof, then the whole rear including the bumper, then the hood and bumper, then the sides. Another advantage that a sprayer has that a pressure washer doesnt is the control of the pressure coming out so you dont spray into sections you already did, its more gentle on the paint and you can do wheels last without worrying about wetting the panels and such. I can typically do a car with a double bucket method with under 6 gallons, thats enough to wash off excess dirt, use a bucket of soap water, a bucket of clean water and enough to rinse off the soap and clean the rims. I dont ever use the pressure washer no more (it started to pull up my weather stripping on the front window of the mini cause of it)...
Old 11-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Some of the swirl marks are actually made when drying the car so , to minimize this I use a leaf blower to dry my car, it works great and it completely takes out all the water residue from the crevices. After I dry it out with a leaf blower, I spray my car with final detail and dry it with a clean microfiber.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by al_ongvano' post='1055460' date='Nov 16 2009, 04:53 AM
Some of the swirl marks are actually made when drying the car so , to minimize this I use a leaf blower to dry my car, it works great and it completely takes out all the water residue from the crevices. After I dry it out with a leaf blower, I spray my car with final detail and dry it with a clean microfiber.
I agree... I should find a good and light leaf blower for this .
Old 11-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='1055895' date='Nov 16 2009, 07:52 AM
I agree... I should find a good and light leaf blower for this .
Or you can use a shop-vac...I used to do so...
Old 11-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I posted using a leaf blower on this forum in 2006. Glad to see others are doing it. The ideal is an air compressor. That's on my list.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I found this, meant for blowing off water after washing

http://www.chemicalguys.com/ELECTRIC_BLOWE...R_p/acc_303.htm

Quick Reply: Anzafin's washing method