Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Anzafin & Seipäänreikä detailed: BMW E61 530xd

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004
Exclamation

This is member Seipäänreikä's (Mika) ride.

We had had an agreement for a long time about polishing his car. This weekend we both have time to make it happen.

Mika was helping me out all the time. He washed the car, polished the tight spots by hand and did the waxing with his own stuff .

The rear of the car was horrible. At the beginning, before claying, it was rough as a sandpaper! The clay went all black but still didn't do the trick for every tar spot. We had to use AutoGlym Intensive Tar Remover which worked great!

The paint was bad, normal swirls and lots of deep RIDs. 14 hours of correcting, and got approx. 90% of them. Deeper rids remained, as we didn't want to do any harsher polish than we did. Maybe we hit the hood again later at the summer and get rid of the last scratches.

The Menzerna PO85RD 3.02 + LC CCS Orange Light Cutting pad combination surprised me again with it's finalizing ability! At a start I did a test panel which I hit first by doing two passes with this combo and hit it then with the PO85RD + LC CCS White Polishing pad and couldn't get the any more shine out of paint.

The process was:

1) Wash
- Turtle Wax Big Orange
- Two bucket method + Sheepskin Mitt

3) Claying
- Swissvax Paint Rubber Yellow
- AutoGlym Intensive Tar Remover
- Turtle Wax Big Orange as lubricant

4) Polish
- Menzerna PO85RD 3.02 + Lake Country CCS Orange Light Cutting pad (2-3 passes on every panel)
- Flex XC 3401 VRG

5) LSP's
- Swissvax Concorso

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Before pics:

Old 07-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Contributors

During & after:

Couple of friends dropped by to say hello:

Old 07-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Contributors

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It started raining very hard and we couldn't get any after pics outside. Maybe later...

- Antti -
Old 07-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525d M Sport 2006

this is amazing, my brother's wedding is coming very soon and i need to have something like this done to my car, im not sure if this treats the "motorway chips" but i dunno, i just need to do something about it, can't leave it like this

will post pics soon to show what i mean

thanks for sharing
Old 07-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Contributors

Polishing can not cure road rash or paint chips, but does miracles to overall shape of a paintwork!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AngelEyes
this is amazing, my brother's wedding is coming very soon and i need to have something like this done to my car, im not sure if this treats the "motorway chips" but i dunno, i just need to do something about it, can't leave it like this

will post pics soon to show what i mean

thanks for sharing
All of the guys that post in this forum (see below) are professional detailers in the UK, mostly round London.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

See what they do, get in touch with them and enjoy the wedding ride. But they can surely not cure stone chips. There is a method using paint on a polishing pad but it is pretty rude and suitable for older cars in pretty bad condition.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I just love these posts; the before and after pictures are just great and I bet Mika is over the moon

Great job guys and I bet its more fun doing something like this with a group of friends
Old 07-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Superb! Best post I've seen in weeks.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Black E61 530Xd - M-sport - Comfort - Advantage

Originally Posted by xBMWx
I just love these posts; the before and after pictures are just great and I bet Mika is over the moon

Great job guys and I bet its more fun doing something like this with a group of friends
YES!!! Me so happy
Antti is doing great job! We had fun eventhough it took a lot of time...but definitely it was worth it! I brought icecream, juice and stuff to keep Antti going

Originally Posted by sixcard
Superb! Best post I've seen in weeks.

+1
Old 07-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Contributors

Here are few outdoor shots taken one day later!

More pics here: https://5series.net/forums/topic/100...&#entry1201796

- Antti -

Quick Reply: Anzafin & Seipäänreikä detailed: BMW E61 530xd