Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Your toughest choice of option

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seeing some of the threads, and Browellm's comment on my 116 Style wheels I started to think about how tough it is to "option up" an E60. There's not only the cost but the issue of what matches what, and what works with what. So I thought it might be nice to find out what was you toughest choice on the options list for people here.

For us it was the choice of wheels. The wheels also showed how divided peoples opinions were when you asked which ones they prefered. Our whole extended family had different opinions. My choice from the first visit to the dealer was the 18" 124's, as they had a car sitting in the show room wearing them. We did eventually decide they were more than we wanted to spend (I could have more options) and the dealer did say they generated quite a bit of road noise and firmed the ride up even more. My second choice was the 116's as I felt they filled the wheel arches more noticeably than the others. I have to say I spent a lot of time looking for pictures of them on real cars to confirm my choice. We are not disappointed.

Choice of colour was also tough but thats another story. Wheels were the toughest for us.

So what was everyone elses tough choice?

Cheers,

Malc.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:03 AM
Senior Members

Too many fun gadgets. I wanted them all but had to stop somewhere.

Maybe stopped to late in the options list! Money money money it?s so f.............
Old 06-06-2004, 01:47 AM
Contributors

I would have to say Rear heated seats and fold down seats. My wife wanted the heated seats and I wanted the fold down seats. After the fast discussion back and forth we got the heated rear seats and the dealer threw in the fold down for free.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:49 AM
Members

Logic 7 was my toughest decision...I brought some of my favourite CDs to the dealer and listened to them in 5ers with and without the Logic 7 option. In the end I decided to get the sound upgrade because I figured if I had a really lousy day at work I could always drown my sorrows in incredible sound.

The other one was HUD...which I didn't get and wish I had. I had a feeeling that after awhile I would get tired of the HUD and it would just be another toy I could have lived without. Hmm.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:52 AM
Senior Members

My toughest choice was either to go Pro Nav, or Bus Nav+Bluetooth.

Very difficult decision at the time.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Contributors

Good call with Nav pro. The computer world is already talking beyond Blue tooth.

Everything else will follow.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Members

I was able to order nav PRO + Bluetooth. From now one it's possible to get both...
Old 06-06-2004, 07:29 AM
Senior Members

my toughest choice was pro nav/HUD/voice control. i eventually opt not because of the electronics integration in the first year of production. i will however have them on my next.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Malc' date='Jun 6 2004, 04:57 PM
For us it was the choice of wheels. The wheels also showed how divided peoples opinions were when you asked which ones they prefered. Our whole extended family had different opinions. My choice from the first visit to the dealer was the 18" 124's, as they had a car sitting in the show room wearing them.
I love the 124. Do you think the 18" looks funny without lowering the car? Anyone please post some pictures of 124 on an E60 with original suspension, and pictures of 124 on an E60 with the 15mm-lower sports suspension?
Old 06-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Members

Kigerka, you have one very generous dealer. I wish mine had been that kind.

Cheers,

Malc.

Quick Reply: Your toughest choice of option