Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I did it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...well today was the day and what a day it was!!! it finally stopped raining after 8 days in the northeast, over a foot of rain fell (as well as a flood in my entire area and as of last nite i had 2 inches of water in my basement ) but luckly by 8AM this morning the tides had gone down and the water was finally gone, though a big cleanup non the less is still left

...oh well the sun came out and it was over 70F by midday so i couldnt complain...the delivery went as smooth as can be, and a little tip for anyone who orders Sirius sat radio as i know some have had trouble getting the credit for the year applied...when i got in the car, we activated the sat and the girl tried to sell me on a discount for a year or two sub...so then and i simply asked her if i could convert it right now to a life time subscription...she said sure, so for $349 i got the lifetime subscription activated today

ok, as for the car....simply amazing!!! i put several hundred miles on her today and words cant describe the feeling!!! the power is trully intoxicating! ...and the sound..oh the sound of the exhaust....indescribable...now i've never been behind the wheel of the 545i so i cant compare sounds, but this exhaust roars deep and throaty, i love it

the interior is trully a drivers cockpit, very well thought out, with the idrive controller out of the way..i think i've got it mostly mastered, though im sure i'll learn more in the next days ahead...the sport seats are hugging, and the thick, small steering wheel feels perfect in your hands...the appointments at nite are great, mood lights all about and the rear LEDs glow and shift when you look at them at angles, sinister looking ...i know some have said that on the E60 you cant really notice the little LEDs light on the mirrors for entry, but these are quite noticable and useful, as well as the orange illuminated door sills

....and the color could not be better for this car...Stratus grey is trully a color you need to see in person to appreciate..it is blue-grey-bronze metallic all in one and in the sun it shifts at every angle you look, and with the design of the E63, its just amazing, im so glad i choose this over black

now i've taken some 35mm pix since im still old school and dont have a digi cam yet, but this car will force me to get one just to take some good pix..so as soon as the pix are developed i'll scan until i get to use a digi...in the mean time, pardon the camera phone quality, here are some sneak pix... i love this car, enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I did it!!!-10_15_05_1443.jpg   YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I did it!!!-10_15_05_1442.jpg   YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I did it!!!-10_15_05_1635.jpg  
Old 10-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630' date='Oct 15 2005, 07:52 PM
...well today was the day and what a day it was!!! it finally stopped raining after 8 days in the northeast, over a foot of rain fell? (as well as a flood in my entire area and as of last nite i had 2 inches of water in my basement? ) but luckly by 8AM this morning the tides had gone down and the water was finally gone, though a big cleanup non the less is still left? ?

...oh well the sun came out and it was over 70F by midday so i couldnt complain...the delivery went as smooth as can be, and a little tip for anyone who orders Sirius sat radio as i know some have had trouble getting the credit for the year applied...when i got in the car, we activated the sat and the girl tried to sell me on a discount for a year or two sub...so then and i simply asked her if i could convert it right now to a life time subscription...she said sure, so for $349 i got the lifetime subscription activated today?

ok, as for the car....simply amazing!!! i put several hundred miles on her today and words cant describe the feeling!!! the power is trully intoxicating! ...and the sound..oh the sound of the exhaust....indescribable...now i've never been behind the wheel of the 545i so i cant compare sounds, but this exhaust roars? ? deep and throaty, i love it?

the interior is trully a drivers cockpit, very well thought out, with the idrive controller out of the way..i think i've got it mostly mastered, though im sure i'll learn more in the next days ahead...the sport seats are hugging, and the thick, small steering wheel feels perfect in your hands...the appointments at nite are great, mood lights all about and the rear LEDs glow and shift when you look at them at angles, sinister looking? ? ...i know some have said that on the E60 you cant really notice the little LEDs light on the mirrors for entry, but these are quite noticable and useful, as well as the orange illuminated door sills?

....and the color could not be better for this car...Stratus grey is trully a color you need to see in person to appreciate..it is blue-grey-bronze metallic all in one and in the sun it shifts at every angle you look, and with the design of the E63, its just amazing, im so glad i choose this over black?

now i've taken some 35mm pix since im still old school and dont have a digi cam yet, but this car will force me to get one just to take some good pix..so as soon as the pix are developed i'll scan until i get to use a digi...in the mean time, pardon the camera phone quality, here are some sneak pix... i love this car, enjoy...
[snapback]184765[/snapback]
Congratulatons on the 6. I am envious as this is the Six I would have ordered. I just can't justify the extra $$$$ over a 550i. I drove the 6 at the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, SC. It was a blast. You are right about the exhaust note. If I remember correctly, the guys at the PC were telling me it was tuned specifically to a certain sound. Different than the 545i.

You might want to check and see if they still offer it, but I know with every 645 purchased, you got free admission to a 6 Drivers School/Event at the BMW Performance Center. All you have to do is get there and the rest is on BMW. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is awesome. Driving on the track, taking a trip in the mountains, etc.

Congrats, again!

Regards, Mike.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:29 AM
Contributors

thanks for the nice words,... in spending the first weekend in the car, i can confirm that the extra $$ is well justified once you sit in this baby...the car trully hugs you in it and is very wide inside, along with the ergonomics and exhaust tone, let alone the handling feel and engine response...i wont go into the looks i get now, but i gotta get these windows tinted asap!!! this baby really stands out...
....i am aware of the 6series driving experience and will look to do it next spring as it is booked up thru november and i want some better weather when i go on the track with one..cant wait!
Old 10-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Very nice setup on ur 6er. Congrats.

I spent about two hours pouring over a Stratus Gray and Silver Gray inside the the dealership and then made them take them outside before I finally settled in the Silver G. I would have been happy with either but each day I continue to happy with my choice as I know u will be with yours.

Stratus was the exclusive color for the first 50 Nieman Marcus and they only reintroduced it in Nov last year so it will still be pretty exclusive.

I have the last weekend in Nov for DE & hoping for ICE

And yes E60 clings do fit in an E63 See mine in the gallery (other BMW models)
Old 10-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Contributors

hahhaah, thanks , both colors are very nice and i now agree that hiding the lines of the e63 in black would have been wrong, these baby's are beautiful

i got my clings too, i just have to install!!!, im still waitin' on my paperwork for the DE, they said about 3 weeks, but cant wait to take the 6er on the track, ice would be quite fun, enjoy!!!