Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I did it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well as many of you have had to read about my constant bi*chin at BMW NA for not allowing me the E60 M-sport, i had to reconsider my plans....

so, as of an hour ago, i just got my VIN # on a brand new 2005 E63 645ci !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here in NYC area they are a premium to find a dealer willing to negotiate and the wait is quite long, 3 -6 months on the 650 with no negotiation

...so I have been researching out of state dealers and last week I found a very nice dealer in NJ (JMK BMW) that was very helpful and willing to help me find a car...i had taken a ride down last wed nite to meet him and talk over possible cars available thru his connections and financials...i walked in having every intention of getting a blacksapphire car....but, in the showroom was a E64 in Stratus Grey
..i was amazed at this color and how metallic it was as i've never seen a car in SG and only the 6er comes in it...well, started talking to the dealer about possibility of him finding me a coupe in Stratus Grey...he didnt know what was possible as it isnt readily available in the first place...anyway, he did alot of searching and one was about 700 miles away....SOOOOO...

My car is Stratus Grey!!! Black leather interior, with Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, and Sat radio and im having LoJack installed...for those outside the US, know that the E63 comes loaded to begin with, such as Pro Nav and A/S, illuminated door sills, all the goodies!!!!

...first mods will be E60.net clings , tinted windows and a winter set up...im ordering M184s and will go with Non RF all-seasons, so any tire recommendations are welcome!!!

thanks to all for the great fun here and the best is yet to come!!!!

...of course, i need to pause for a minute in silence for my soon to be departed baby...it is with a hard heart that i have to let her go...she has been great to me for 5 1/2 years and i'll always remember her and miss her!!!!

....but, there is a silver lining to this Stratus grey cloud!!!! a 645ci!!!! should be taking delivery as early as this weekend if the timing works out so i'll have some pix to post soon...
Old 10-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

JMK is the best in the Tri-State area we've bought all our bimmers there good luck with your 6
Old 10-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

Let me be the first to congratulate you, awesome car!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

Congrats indeed!

Are you not getting the 6 Series MSports pack?

Sorry - cruel joke - just kidding

I know how much frustration you had waiting for the E60 MSports pack.

Please post pics ASAP.
Look forward to seeing the Stratus Grey.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Sounds like an awsome ride, this is whats know as life in the fast lane. Congrats and don't forget to share some pixs of your baby
Old 10-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Members

No M-Sport, so you settle for a 645. Nice! Congrats! Good choice. I remember when I was taking delivery on my 545, another guy was just finishing up picking up his black sapphire w/ auburn 645. I was in awe, but didn't want to spend another $10-15k. At least you already got dual exhaust. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

Just curious, how high up in the BMWNA hierachy did you go with the your M-Sport request before you finally gave up? Did you go beyond your dealer? Did you go beyond "customer service"?

Originally Posted by m630' date='Oct 12 2005, 01:02 PM
well as many of you have had to read about my constant bi*chin at BMW NA for not allowing me the E60 M-sport, i had to reconsider my plans....

so, as of an hour ago, i just got my VIN # on a brand new 2005 E63 645ci !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here in NYC area they are a premium to find a dealer willing to negotiate and the wait is quite long, 3 -6 months on the 650 with no negotiation

...so I have been researching out of state dealers and last week I found a very nice dealer in NJ (JMK BMW) that was very helpful and willing to help me find a car...i had taken a ride down last wed nite to meet him and talk over possible cars available thru his connections and financials...i walked in having every intention of getting a blacksapphire car....but, in the showroom was a E64 in Stratus Grey?
..i was amazed at this color and how metallic it was as i've never seen a car in SG and only the 6er comes in it...well, started talking to the dealer about possibility of him finding me a coupe in Stratus Grey...he didnt know what was possible as it isnt readily available in the first place...anyway, he did alot of searching and one was about 700 miles away....SOOOOO...

My car is Stratus Grey!!!? ? Black leather interior, with Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, and Sat radio and im having LoJack installed...for those outside the US, know that the E63 comes loaded to begin with, such as Pro Nav and A/S, illuminated door sills, all the goodies!!!!

...first mods will be E60.net clings? ? , tinted windows and a winter set up...im ordering M184s and will go with Non RF all-seasons, so any tire recommendations are welcome!!!

thanks to all for the great fun here and the best is yet to come!!!!

...of course, i need to pause for a minute in silence for my soon to be departed baby...it is with a hard heart that i have to let her go...she has been great to me for 5 1/2 years and i'll always remember her and miss her!!!!

....but, there is a silver lining to this Stratus grey cloud!!!! a 645ci!!!! should be taking delivery as early as this weekend if the timing works out so i'll have some pix to post soon...
[snapback]183383[/snapback]
Old 10-13-2005, 03:01 AM
Contributors

I would like to congratulate you on your color choice . Stratus Gray is incredible . Those who remember my posts (both here and on Roadfly) will remember how much I liked Stratus Gray and that I tried to order my 545 in that color, but of coarse as usual BMW NA did not go for it. Stratus Gray is what I call a multiple personality color and can change anywhere from a blue-gray look to a standard medium-gray to a bronze-gray, and all the different shades look great. It makes it even better that you are getting this instead of Black. I am not just saying that because I don't like black and think that it hides all the lines, but also, becuase the Stratus Gray will be MUCH more unique as well as show off all the nice curves on the E63 better.

Oh yeah....I almost forgot......congratulations on the E63 as well (I was getting too excited about the color and forgot about the car).
Old 10-13-2005, 04:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Oct 13 2005, 06:01 AM
I would like to congratulate you on your color choice .? Stratus Gray is incredible? ? .? Those who remember my posts (both here and on Roadfly) will remember how much I liked Stratus Gray and that I tried to order my 545 in that color, but of coarse as usual BMW NA did not go for it.? Stratus Gray is what I call a multiple personality color and can change anywhere from a blue-gray look to a standard medium-gray to a bronze-gray, and all the different shades look great.? It makes it even better that you are getting this instead of Black.? I am not just saying that because I don't like black and think that it hides all the lines, but also, becuase the Stratus Gray will be MUCH more unique as well as show off all the nice curves on the E63 better.

Oh yeah....I almost forgot......congratulations on the E63 as well (I was getting too excited about the color and forgot about the car).
[snapback]183633[/snapback]

thanks everyone!!! ... and yes, i couldnt believe how amazing of a color that SG was when i saw it in person, it is a shame that others cannot appreaciate this color on other models as its so unusual to find and see with your own eyes...

...its as you said, a very metallic paint and color shifting...in the dealership, the e64 they had on display looked bronze-gray at angles up to a blue-grey from others, ...in the sunlight it will be amazing, and when i add the tints the color should stand out even more...there is no way to hide any lines in this color, it just pops if you know what i mean...

i am quite excited, only a few more days to go, i just hope it stops raining already, its been downpouring for a week now!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Robert A' date='Oct 13 2005, 01:36 AM
Just curious, how high up in the BMWNA hierachy did you go with the your M-Sport request before you finally gave up?? Did you go beyond your dealer?? Did you go beyond "customer service"?

[snapback]183596[/snapback]
...many phone calls, many emails, both customer service and managers...most didnt even know or understand what i was talking about, even after I sent them links to see from the canada BMW websites...they refused me over a year period, and i tryed to pursuade them to atleast offer me individual so i could get carbonblack, but they would not ...oh well, E60 was not meant to be for me...BUT...the E63 is on its way