Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Winslow BMW

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, BMW Stainless Steel Pedals, #166 Rims

I recently bought a new BMW rear deck spoiler for the 545i and took it to Winslow BMW in Colorado Springs to have it installed. I only problem with the installation is that the dealership installed the spoiler on unevenly, placing the left side 0.5" further in then the right side. When I picked up the car I pointed it out and asked for it to be corrected, and was told that they would look into it. I then called the dealership later in the day and was told that the spoiler could not be fixed due to it being an aftermarket spoiler in which I corrected them and told them it was a BMW spoiler. The Dealership reply then was to fix the problem it would be to costly. I had been warned about this dealership proior to taking my car there by local BMW owners, I only wished I had listened. I'm now left with the pain of trying to get this problem fixed and sending them the bill. I mean how can I possibly have them fix it if they do not even recognize a certified BMW parts?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sirch' post='441890' date='Jun 30 2007, 10:47 AM
I recently bought a new BMW rear deck spoiler for the 545i and took it to Winslow BMW in Colorado Springs to have it installed. I only problem with the installation is that the dealership installed the spoiler on unevenly, placing the left side 0.5" further in then the right side. When I picked up the car I pointed it out and asked for it to be corrected, and was told that they would look into it. I then called the dealership later in the day and was told that the spoiler could not be fixed due to it being an aftermarket spoiler in which I corrected them and told them it was a BMW spoiler. The Dealership reply then was to fix the problem it would be to costly. I had been warned about this dealership proior to taking my car there by local BMW owners, I only wished I had listened. I'm now left with the pain of trying to get this problem fixed and sending them the bill. I mean how can I possibly have them fix it if they do not even recognize a certified BMW parts?

I feel for ya. I took my E39 there for service while stationed at Carson. On one visit they "did me a favor" by pulling the drivers side door panel to check my window regulator. When I got the car back, i rolled down the window - only to find that Winslow did not fix the window regulator appropriately..it left a damn scratch in the glass. When I went back to B*TCH, they told me they didnt do anything to the window....lying. We had discussed how it would cost 75 bucks to remove the door cover and inspect.....since they didnt write it on the invoice (doing me a favor), they wouldnt do anything but readjust the regulator...window still has two parallel marks down its entire length....

goto denver. their dealership seems to be more friendly...
Old 07-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sirch' post='441890' date='Jun 30 2007, 01:47 PM

I?m with BMW of North America, LLC. I?m so sorry your service experience was not what you expected. We are here to work with you and your BMW center. If you would like our help, please contact us at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200718702186 so that we can help you more efficiently.