Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

What is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

The transmission is covered under manufacturer warranty for 50,000 miles.
Tires are not.

It's a bullshit deal.... but that's how it works. I can't say I wouldn't put up a fight... but in the end, they would likely win.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Absolutely BS, covered under warranty or not. Now if I obviously hit a curb causing the tire to blow, then yes, I pay for the damage. A tire should not just blow at 10,000 miles unless he hit some road debris (then yes he or his insurance pays), the tire is defective (the dealer or tire maker pays) or the tires had been so abused by earlier drivers of the loaner that it was worn to the point of failure. The dealer should be able to tell by inspecting the tire and rim, which is the case.

By the letter of the contract, yes, he pays for the tire, but if I'm a reputable dealer who values my customers, I'm picking up the tab on this one if it is clearly a case where the tire failed prematurely or was so worn by prior drivers that the tire was due to fail. Now if the driver hit a curb or road debris, there would likely be rim damage as well, then the driver (or his insurance Co. is paying) Sorry, but this is one of those cases where the BMW dealer network falls on its face in terms of customer service.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Members

That's crap!!! Btw... just got my new 545 back from Global Imports after 2 1/2 weeks in their shop for engine repairs (after only 2000 miles?) and they've now given me my 1st door ding, grease stains on the interior, and smudge marks on the rear bumper where they backed it into something. They didn't even clean it? Commitment to customer service is definetly lacking.
Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Apr 7 2005, 10:39 PM
Before I go to the trouble, does anyone here know what is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs?? You know it is always something!? This past week my new e60 was at Nalley BMW in Decatur GA having 1st year service work performed plus I purchased some new rims to have installed. They let me use a courtesy 2004 BMW 330i with 10,000 miles, which was nice, but on the way home, I had a flat tire that the side wall blew out...Today when I went back to turn my courtesy in they presented my with a bill for: $182.61 for a brand new tire, plus their labor charge of $35.00, valve 1.63, deposer fee of 4.00 total 223.24,, ahd the BMW employee handling the case, said sir don't worry I rip you off!? (Gee Thanks!)

Question forum: Do you feel this is fair what they did to me, making me pay for a new tire, even though theirs had 10,000 miles on it?? We are all here BMW owners and their customers, and remember if they did it to me they can do it to you also, because now a precedent? has now been established, and good news about a new way for BMW dealer to make an extra buck or two travels fast to other BMW dealers in other states, and good BMW money making news I bet travels fast from: east to west!

Also the did get me assist fixed but now my factory 6 disc cd player will not work.? It was working great when I took it in last week, but now it will not give me a cd position menu on my iDrive? ?

Well I am out some money and time, and I hope what happened to me does not happen to you.?

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
[snapback]112722[/snapback]
Old 04-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

I believe most tire manufactures warranty their tires if a blow out accures, most dealers do not want to get involved with tires but they can contact the manufacture on your behalf. I would also be pissed, Good Luck
Old 04-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Apr 7 2005, 11:39 PM
Before I go to the trouble, does anyone here know what is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs?? You know it is always something!? This past week my new e60 was at Nalley BMW in Decatur GA having 1st year service work performed plus I purchased some new rims to have installed. They let me use a courtesy 2004 BMW 330i with 10,000 miles, which was nice, but on the way home, I had a flat tire that the side wall blew out...Today when I went back to turn my courtesy in they presented my with a bill for: $182.61 for a brand new tire, plus their labor charge of $35.00, valve 1.63, deposer fee of 4.00 total 223.24,, (CLICK ON BELOW),? and the BMW employee (Cheryl) handling the case, said sir don't worry I rip you off!? (Yea Right!)

Question forum: Do you feel this is fair what they did to me, making me pay for a new tire, even though theirs had 10,000 miles on it?? We are all here BMW owners and their customers, and remember if they did it to me they can do it to you also, because now a precedent? has now been established, and good news about a new way for BMW dealer to make an extra buck or two travels fast to other BMW dealers in other states, and good BMW money making news I bet travels fast from: east to west!

Also the did get me assist fixed but now my factory 6 disc cd player will not work.? It was working great when I took it in last week, but now it will not give me a cd position menu on my iDrive? ?

Well I am out some money and time, and I hope what happened to me does not happen to you.?

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
[snapback]112722[/snapback]
$$$$
Old 04-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Deleted
Old 04-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Contributors

Deleted
Old 04-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Apr 8 2005, 09:20 AM
The following excerpt is from the "BMW Service Loaner/Rental Agreement" that my dealer uses (an official BMW program, I think):

3) Condition and Return of Vehicle.? You must return the Vehicle to Our office or other location We specify, on the date and time specified in this Agreement, in the same condition that You received it, except for ordinary wear.
It goes on to say that you are responsible for any damage, loss or theft, etc.

Pretty much a standard agreement. Presley, as much as it sucks that you were charged for a new tire, etc. I'm not sure you have much of a claim except maybe you should have been given the opportunity to get a tire, etc. on your own...
[snapback]112904[/snapback]

I think I'd focus on the "ordinary wear" phrase. It is ordinary for tires to wear out, and ordinary too, for defective tires to blow out their side walls. Then I would suggest that the dealer put you in harms way by providing you with an obviously defective vehicle endangering you and any passengers. Could be negligence on his part.