Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

What is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Before I go to the trouble, does anyone here know what is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs? You know it is always something! This past week my new e60 was at Nalley BMW in Decatur GA having 1st year service work performed plus I purchased some new rims to have installed. They let me use a courtesy 2004 BMW 330i with 10,000 miles, which was nice, but on the way home, I had a flat tire that the side wall blew out...Today when I went back to turn my courtesy in they presented my with a bill for: $182.61 for a brand new tire, plus their labor charge of $35.00, valve 1.63, deposer fee of 4.00 total 223.24,, (CLICK ON BELOW), and the BMW employee (Cheryl) handling the case, said sir don't worry I rip you off! (Yea Right!)

Question forum: Do you feel this is fair what they did to me, making me pay for a new tire, even though theirs had 10,000 miles on it? We are all here BMW owners and their customers, and remember if they did it to me they can do it to you also, because now a precedent has now been established, and good news about a new way for BMW dealer to make an extra buck or two travels fast to other BMW dealers in other states, and good BMW money making news I bet travels fast from: east to west!

Also the did get me assist fixed but now my factory 6 disc cd player will not work. It was working great when I took it in last week, but now it will not give me a cd position menu on my iDrive

Well I am out some money and time, and I hope what happened to me does not happen to you.

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
Attached Thumbnails What is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs?-scan0001.jpg  
Old 04-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Apr 7 2005, 08:39 PM
Before I go to the trouble, does anyone here know what is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs?? You know it is always something!? This past week my new e60 was at Nalley BMW in Decatur GA having 1st year service work performed plus I purchased some new rims to have installed. They let me use a courtesy 2004 BMW 330i with 10,000 miles, which was nice, but on the way home, I had a flat tire that the side wall blew out...Today when I went back to turn my courtesy in they presented my with a bill for: $182.61 for a brand new tire, plus their labor charge of $35.00, valve 1.63, deposer fee of 4.00 total 223.24

Question forum: Do you feel this is fair what they did to me, making me pay for a new tire, even though theirs had 10,000 miles on it?? We are all here BMW owners and their customers, and remember if they did it to me they can do it to you also, because now a president has been established, and good news about a new way for BMW dealer to make an extra buck or two travels fast to other BMW dealers in other states, and good BMW money making news I bet travels fast from: east to west!

Also the did get me assist fixed but now my factory 6 disc cd player will not work.? It was working great when I took it in last week, but now it will not give me a cd menu on my iDrive? ?

Well I am out some money and time, and I hope what happened to me does not happen to you.?

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
[snapback]112722[/snapback]

I would have refused to pay the tire bill.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

not fair, it's like making a rental car customer pay for the tires.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

You can even suit them for giving you a vehicle that put your life on danger. Imagine if the tire blow when you are driving at 80mph at the freeway, just because previous customer put a nail on the loner car's tire.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

That's just outrageous.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by the88saint' date='Apr 7 2005, 11:50 PM
not fair, it's like making a rental car customer pay for the tires.
[snapback]112728[/snapback]
But thats exactly what rental car companies do.
I had a defective tire with an Avis car a couple of weeks ago. I called Avis and they told me that tires are never covered by them and they gave me the choice to go either to a local tire store to get it fixed or send me a new car and charge me for the repair......so this entire thing, although outrageous, doesn't surpise me at all.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

The following excerpt is from the "BMW Service Loaner/Rental Agreement" that my dealer uses (an official BMW program, I think):

3) Condition and Return of Vehicle.? You must return the Vehicle to Our office or other location We specify, on the date and time specified in this Agreement, in the same condition that You received it, except for ordinary wear.
It goes on to say that you are responsible for any damage, loss or theft, etc.

Pretty much a standard agreement. Presley, as much as it sucks that you were charged for a new tire, etc. I'm not sure you have much of a claim except maybe you should have been given the opportunity to get a tire, etc. on your own...
Old 04-08-2005, 06:36 AM
Contributors

That's BS! I would tell them not only are you not paying, but that you are reporting them to the BBB and finding another dealer.

Personally, my dealer blew me off once, and then acted very two faced when a BWM NA rep visited his shop and took care of my issue. After that, I decided to drive 70 miles out of my way to another dealer. Talked to a co-worker who has a 3 Series, and he also refuses to go to the same dealer for service.

And as Rudy says, you are probably liable, but at what point does the dealer take responsibility for its custmer service and giving you a faulty item. The service manager should step up and say hey, we've got it, sorry YOU were inconvienced, lets get another tire on here and get you on your way.

That's such BS.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Ruf930' date='Apr 8 2005, 10:36 AM
That's BS!? I would tell them not only are you not paying, but that you are reporting them to the BBB and finding another dealer.?

Personally, my dealer blew me off once, and then acted very two faced when a BWM NA rep visited his shop and took care of my issue.? After that, I decided to drive 70 miles out of my way to another dealer.? Talked to a co-worker who has a 3 Series, and he also refuses to go to the same dealer for service.

And as Rudy says, you are probably liable, but at what point does the dealer take responsibility for its custmer service and giving you a faulty item.? The service manager should step up and say hey, we've got it, sorry YOU were inconvienced, lets get another tire on here and get you on your way.

That's such BS.
[snapback]112910[/snapback]
I agree with Ruf930 that the dealer should probably step up if they're at all interested in keeping a customer happy. (I was only posting the legalese of my loaner contract since that's what Presley originally requested...)

Hope you work it out to your satisfaction Presley!
Old 04-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

The loaner has 10,000 miles on it, what would have happened if the transmission died? Would he been forced to pay for that?

Quick Reply: What is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs?