Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Warranty Program

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I am very struggle now about the warranty issue of my car, I don't know if you have the same program in your country:

1st year Bumper to Bumper - includes everything except tires, brakepads. That means includes oil change and even windshield wiper

2nd year factory warranty - includes all electronics and major parts, but don't have oil change or other wearable parts (ie. bulbs, wiper, etc)

And that's it, you don't have protection since 3rd year

However, the most confuse part is:
On the 2nd year, you can pay some $2000USD to purchase the warranty plan identical to the 1st year.
If you'd purchase such plan on the 2nd year, you are eligible for purchasing the same plan for the 3rd year for around $2800USD.
And so on for the 4th year for the maximum ($3200USD).

What do you think? Do you think I should pay the dollar and purchase such a warranty plan? Or do you think it's going to worth me $10000USD for around 3 year of protection? (But remember, the plan for 2nd year almost includes everything already)
Old 09-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Senior Members

that is a big rip-off ! we have 4yr/50,000 miles full warranty and free maintenance which includes everything except tires. so i bet they wouldn't let you buy the 3rd yr plan if you didn't buy the 2nd yr when your car is 2 yrs old, right? gosh, i'd trade in for a new one after the first yr !
Old 09-21-2004, 02:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

We only have 2 yrs factory warranty and that's it. Nothing more nothing less.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:26 AM
Contributors

Same here, but when I go back to the states I will receive the rest of the 4 yr warrenty
Old 09-21-2004, 02:32 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Sep 21 2004, 01:21 AM
Do you think I should pay the dollar and purchase such a warranty plan? Or do you think it's going to worth me $10000USD for around 3 year of protection? (But remember, the plan for 2nd year almost includes everything already)
My experience with the 5-series is that you can buy a lot of maintenance for that kind of money. Although I am not a fan of additional maintenance plans, I have read that these plans are highly negotiable with the dealer as far as the cost of the plan.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:58 AM
Senior Members

Hi all

I guess instead of building in the 4yr bumper to bumper warranty into the price tag, they have slit it up to lower the sticker of the car. I suppose they can sell us the car at US$5-6K more for a 4 yr warranty. Now if you think of it this way, it may be earier to swallow. You're deferring your second and third payment lor....hohoho.

I am definitely buying the 3rd and 4th year warranty cuz I plan to keep mine til it dies. And having experienced all the "minor" problems with my previous BMWs, and how much our dealer here charges for non warranty repairs, it's a no brainer.

How about u gf366? u plan to buy yours?

Cheers

Bunbun.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:59 AM
Senior Members

In Singapore, E60s comes with a 3-year or 100,000 km warranty. AFAIK, the 2nd and 3rd year is there becoz the dealer have it covered with insurance.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:49 AM
Members

2 years is all we get with the option of paying for a 3rd year. Slashing the warranty to give us lower prices... I WISH!

Even for a small market such as Australia, they really shouldn't charge us US$75000 for a 530i! But once you drive the car... what's money if you don't spend it on something you like.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

So jelous for the everyone from the states have such a long warranty program!!!

I think I might not going to join the extended warranty program w/ this kind of money... Just hope nothing will goes wrong...

My option is... I'll keep my eye on this forum to see if anyone has any problem, and try to make the dealer change everything before the warranty expires...
Old 09-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Sep 21 2004, 10:05 AM
So jelous for the everyone from the states have such a long warranty program!!!

I think I might not going to join the extended warranty program w/ this kind of money... Just hope nothing will goes wrong...

My option is... I'll keep my eye on this forum to see if anyone has any problem, and try to make the dealer change everything before the warranty expires...
Hi gf366

Good idea, btw which service center do u bring your car to? HK side or KLN side? If HK side, I know Brian Lai (service manager) rather well, he always keep me posted on any "jet-so" deals and such.

Btw, how much does your OZ wheels and tire set cost?

Bunbun

Quick Reply: Warranty Program