Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Warranty extension and maintenace (US) How Much$$?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have been quoted the following by BMW:
Warranty extension (BMW plan) for 6 years or 100K miles for $2,825
Maintenance extension for a total of 6 years or 100K miles: $1395
If bought together: $3,889.00
Is this a good deal? What have you been getting out there? I haven't checked third party like warrantydirect because I would like to go with BMW.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Members

I bought my CPO car with 36,000 miles and opted for the Maintainance and Warranty extension...but paid a mere $1250. Mine extended it 4 years or 50k, starting after the original coverage exprires. In other words, it is possible to get an 8 year 100k policy for CPO's. Buy preowned, save $, and get a better warranty? Seems a bit odd, doesn't it?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='409622' date='Apr 2 2007, 11:06 AM
Is this a good deal? What have you been getting out there? I haven't checked third party like warrantydirect because I would like to go with BMW.
I think the warranty extension price is in line. I've been quoted $1195 for the maintenance extension by Joe Self BMW in Wichita, KS.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='409622' date='Apr 2 2007, 12:06 PM
I don't think BMWNA actually offers what you're calling "Extended Warranty." I know they sell a product (which I have) called Extended Maintenance. This extends maintenance to 6 years/100,000 miles. You can buy this coverage from any BMW Center and it will be applied to your car. BMW/Mini of South Atlanta will sell you this online for $1195. Go the website www.twinkidneygrill.com and purchase it there. When you use the term "fest" (short for Bimmerfest...another all BMW board), you'll get the savings which brings the cost down to $1195. As noted, if you're buying "Extended Warranty" then I don't think that's available from BMWNA, but is just some product which your BMW Center is trying to sell you. If you do a search on "Extended Warranty" on this board, on on Google you'll see lots and lots of information. As the lawyers say, read the fine print carefully before buying.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Carbon Black with Black Nasca Leather Sport Auto Transmission Active Steering Comfort Access Bamboo Anthracite wood trim Power Rear Sunshades Ventilated Seats Ipod adapter Nav Sat Premium Sound

Originally Posted by ExGMan' post='409710' date='Apr 2 2007, 01:12 PM
I don't think BMWNA actually offers what you're calling "Extended Warranty." I know they sell a product (which I have) called Extended Maintenance. This extends maintenance to 6 years/100,000 miles. You can buy this coverage from any BMW Center and it will be applied to your car. BMW/Mini of South Atlanta will sell you this online for $1195. Go the website www.twinkidneygrill.com and purchase it there. When you use the term "fest" (short for Bimmerfest...another all BMW board), you'll get the savings which brings the cost down to $1195. As noted, if you're buying "Extended Warranty" then I don't think that's available from BMWNA, but is just some product which your BMW Center is trying to sell you. If you do a search on "Extended Warranty" on this board, on on Google you'll see lots and lots of information. As the lawyers say, read the fine print carefully before buying.

BMW does offer a Factory Extended Warranty, but it is the biggest nightmare trying to get BMW to cover things such as software updates, door seals, etc...I've had all my repairs/software updates covered under the warranty (currently at 94K miles) but it has NEVER been easy, especially at Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas, CA. They tried to tell me last week that I would need to leave a $125 deposit "just in case" my repairs are not covered under my factory extended warranty.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by sam530' post='409799' date='Apr 3 2007, 01:40 AM
BMW does offer a Factory Extended Warranty, but it is the biggest nightmare trying to get BMW to cover things such as software updates, door seals, etc...I've had all my repairs/software updates covered under the warranty (currently at 94K miles) but it has NEVER been easy, especially at Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas, CA. They tried to tell me last week that I would need to leave a $125 deposit "just in case" my repairs are not covered under my factory extended warranty.
Well, that's interesting to hear about. When I got my 2007 BMW, I never received a single word about any BMWNA-sponsored Extended Warranty program...only some outside company which provided an exclusion list a mile long. I think the cost was about $3,000 or so. As to the deposit issue, here in MA, we have what's called an "express mechanic's lien" which you're forced to sign when you leave a car for service or repair. Even if you don't pay your bill and somehow are able to drive off with your car after a repair, the garage can send someone to grab it off the street in order to pay the bill, AFAIK.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

Here's what the financial rep. at the dealership told me:
It is a BMWNA extended warranty program, they started offering it a couple of years ago. One limitation is that you have to be the original owner of the vehicle. There is a 50USD deductible per visit. It is a 6year/100Kmiles beginning since date of purchase and it also includes roadside assistance.
Items excluded are the radio (I guess he meant sound system/M-Ask unit or CCC and iDrive). I asked him if it covered Bluetooth and TCU and he did not know or was not sure.
Best offer I got was 2,675USD (Incl. tax)
I could not find any info about this in BMWNA website. I was able to find info in this dealership website:
http://www.gwinnettbmw.com/Warranty-Information.aspx
Old 04-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Performance Pkg, 6 speed manual transmission On-Order: 2007 BMW 530i, Titanium Gray, Black Leather, Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, 6 speed manual transmission, Nav, HUD, PDC, L7, Sirius, Rear Heated Seats

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='410621' date='Apr 5 2007, 04:13 PM
Here's what the financial rep. at the dealership told me:
It is a BMWNA extended warranty program, they started offering it a couple of years ago. One limitation is that you have to be the original owner of the vehicle. There is a 50USD deductible per visit. It is a 6year/100Kmiles beginning since date of purchase and it also includes roadside assistance.
Items excluded are the radio (I guess he meant sound system/M-Ask unit or CCC and iDrive). I asked him if it covered Bluetooth and TCU and he did not know or was not sure.
Best offer I got was 2,675USD (Incl. tax)
I could not find any info about this in BMWNA website. I was able to find info in this dealership website:
http://www.gwinnettbmw.com/Warranty-Information.aspx
It's the same warranty as the CPO warranty (e.g., as you said, stereo system and other items not covered). It allows an original owner to essentially CPO their car before the original warranty expires.