Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 525i Jet Black. Pics will be posted soon!!
Thumbs up

Whats up guys. If I install an aftermarket air intake and exhaust will that void any kind of warranty? Thanks!
Old 05-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kevlar301' post='580231' date='May 14 2008, 08:53 AM
Whats up guys. If I install an aftermarket air intake and exhaust will that void any kind of warranty? Thanks!
Hello
As a warranty manager of a large european company, this is a 2 fold answer.
1. No it will not void your warranty
2. yes, it will void your warranty should any aftermarket item cause the failure of the stock part. Here is an example... Most forum members have installed aftermarket tires and rims on their rides, should the tire size or rim size exceeds the normal stance of the original part and caused any damage to the tie rod ends, steering components, or suspension componets, your failure would not be covered under warranty. This is for any aftermarket addition. There is an exception to the rule, and I hate the rule, but hey, I do not make the rules. The failure would be covered if you purchase the parts authorized by BMW. For example, we want new rims and tires, should BMW sell it through there parts dept, and it is an a official BMW part(rim), the failure would covered under warranty. The reason is that BMW engineers have researched different configurations on most of there cars, and have given there stamp of approval on the upgrade for that application.

In addition, if anybody is considering adding any aftermarket parts from BMW at time of sale, ask the sales person if they would put in writing if the added parts will be covered under warranty. Remember all aftermarket parts come with some type of warranty. Chrome rims usually have a 1 year warranty on peeling. That failure would be covered under the rim manufacture, not BMW, evethough, you purchased the rim from BMW. Ask for any informantion regarding warranty.

I hope that answers your question. I have been a warranty manager for over 11 years and I have seen it all. I will be happy to answer any question that you our anybody has.

thanks for listening

Angelodimorte
Old 05-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525i Jet Black. Pics will be posted soon!!

Thank you for the information!!! much appreciated!