Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

URGENT - More Paperwork Needed for ED!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mine: 2006 530i, titanium silver, grey leather, poplar grain wood trim, SMG, Premium, Cold Weather, Sport packages, fold down rear seats with ski bag, park distance control, rear side airbags. ED: ordered 3/29/05, picked up 6/3/05 (well, not quite - long story), redelivered 8/6/05. Wife: 2005 X3 2.5, water blue, light beige leather, birch grain light wood trim, steptronic, panoramic roof, Cold Weather, Sport packages, fold down rear seats with ski bag, cruise control, fog lights, rear side airbags, heated seats. ED: ordered 3/29/05, picked up 6/3/05 (well, not quite - long story), redelivered 8/6/05.

Hi Gang,

Need your help on this. My wife and I are scheduled to pickup our car next week under the European Delivery Program. We paid the balance last week. The cars are built and ready to be picked up, as we have verified through the BMW Owner?s Circle. At the payment, the dealer told us we just needed to provide to the delivery center was our passports, drivers licenses and bill of sale, all of which we have.

The dealer has just informed us that we need to sign and have notarized a form that authorizes BMW AG to obtain our vehicle registration and tourist license plates or else we cannot pick up the cars. The dealer also stated that two weeks are needed for the German ?DMV? to process this. As a result, the dealer told us we have to reschedule our visit to a date they will tell us is available. Well, we placed the order in March, so why is the dealer telling us now this information?

Wouldn?t BMW in Germany ask for this information? Is the dealer giving us a load of BS? Did anybody have to sign such a form? Isn?t it enough to have BMW get the registration and plates knowing full well that we ordered the car?

Lastly, can you believe the dealer told us that they would cancel the order and refund our money if we do not sign the form? :'( I think the dealer has screwed up and they are trying to save face ? or else there is something else going on.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do recall signing a form(power of attorney limited to this transaction) authorizing BMW to act on our behalf to register the car. So no I don't think they are pulling anything over on you. However, I think it may have been the dealers carelessnes or lack of experience that this major detail fell through the cracks.

I would have them contact BMW NA ED dept and see if they can't put a rush on it.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i , ED June 27th, Awaiting Redelivery

Originally Posted by JFDW' date='May 26 2005, 03:42 PM
Hi Gang,

Need your help on this.? My wife and I are scheduled to pickup our car next week under the European Delivery Program.? We paid the balance last week.? The cars are built and ready to be picked up, as we have verified through the BMW Owner?s Circle.? At the payment, the dealer told us we just needed to provide to the delivery center was our passports, drivers licenses and bill of sale, all of which we have.

The dealer has just informed us that we need to sign and have notarized a form that authorizes BMW AG to obtain our vehicle registration and tourist license plates or else we cannot pick up the cars.? The dealer also stated that two weeks are needed for the German ?DMV? to process this.? As a result, the dealer told us we have to reschedule our visit to a date they will tell us is available.? Well, we placed the order in March, so why is the dealer telling us now this information?

Wouldn?t BMW in Germany ask for this information?? Is the dealer giving us a load of BS?? Did anybody have to sign such a form?? Isn?t it enough to have BMW get the registration and plates knowing full well that we ordered the car?

Lastly, can you believe the dealer told us that they would cancel the order and refund our money if we do not sign the form?? :'( I think the dealer has screwed up and they are trying to save face ? or else there is something else going on.

Thanks!
[snapback]133519[/snapback]
Your dealer screwed up, you definitely can't do ED without that form signed and notarized! Its part of the ED Purchase Order (your dealer types it up) which you must also sign and send back to BMW. In fact just yesterday I sent mine in to BMW ED for my ED on June27th. The form said it needed to be turned in 30 days prior to pickup. I think the portion you need notarized is actually to give power of attourney to HARMS for customs purposes. I feel for you man, if my dealer screwed that up for me I would be really pissed!
Old 05-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Members

If you have to pay cancellation penalty on your airfares or hotel rooms, you should hold your dealer responsible. Make a complaint to BMWNA (although probably not too much help).
Old 05-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by noonehome' date='May 26 2005, 01:56 PM
I do recall signing a form(power of attorney limited to this transaction) authorizing BMW to act on our behalf to register the car.? So no I don't think they are pulling anything over on you. However, I think it may have been the dealers carelessnes or lack of experience that this major detail fell through the cracks.

I would have them contact BMW NA ED dept and see if they can't put a rush on it.
[snapback]133525[/snapback]
Yes, that is correct. You need to give BMW power of attorney to complete certain paperwork. They should have had you sign all the papers weeks ago. I know it is a huge pain having to re-schedule the trip with flights, hotels, etc. You should talk to your dealer about that and see what they can do to rush things. My guess they would rather pay extra to get things rushed than having to pay for your airfare change fee, hotel fee, etc.

Good luck!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Contributors

Your dealer screwed-up. The form is required for ED. If you have any costs associated with the delay they should be reimbursed by the dealer.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

Yep, the dealer will request full payment and form signed 30 days before ED pick-up date.

I was well inform. I owe the credit to Bimmerfest-ED

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

They have scoop on ED
Old 05-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Members

My Ride: Mine: 2006 530i, titanium silver, grey leather, poplar grain wood trim, SMG, Premium, Cold Weather, Sport packages, fold down rear seats with ski bag, park distance control, rear side airbags. ED: ordered 3/29/05, picked up 6/3/05 (well, not quite - long story), redelivered 8/6/05. Wife: 2005 X3 2.5, water blue, light beige leather, birch grain light wood trim, steptronic, panoramic roof, Cold Weather, Sport packages, fold down rear seats with ski bag, cruise control, fog lights, rear side airbags, heated seats. ED: ordered 3/29/05, picked up 6/3/05 (well, not quite - long story), redelivered 8/6/05.

Follow Up:

Yesterday, I called BMW NA Corporate offices. I was informed that the cars will now be direct shipped instead of having our pick up delayed.

We will take our vacation, and we will be given a BMW as a rental car. Not as good as having our cars, but we'll take it.

As an FYI, the Power of Attorney form allows BMG AG to register the cars, and the European Delivery Program Purchase Order is the actual sales contract with BMW NA.

Thanks to all who replied and their assistance.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i , ED June 27th, Awaiting Redelivery

Originally Posted by JFDW' date='May 28 2005, 03:14 PM
Follow Up:

Yesterday, I called BMW NA Corporate offices. I was informed that the cars will now be direct shipped instead of having our pick up delayed.?

We will take our vacation, and we will be given a BMW as a rental car. Not as good as having our cars, but we'll take it.?

As an FYI, the Power of Attorney form allows BMG AG to register the cars, and the European Delivery Program Purchase Order is the actual sales contract with BMW NA.?

Thanks to all who replied and their assistance.?
[snapback]134101[/snapback]
Wow, I'm glad BMW NA came through for you. Did your dealer help to resolve things at all? I'm sure you will still have a great time on your trip- and you won't have to worry about breaking in your engine and taking full advantage of the autobahn at the same time!
Old 05-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Members

The dealer called me to state what I already knew from BMW NA. Not sure if he knew what I knew.

I am definitely looking forward to really opening up on the autobahns and not having to worry about any break-in period!

Quick Reply: URGENT - More Paperwork Needed for ED!