Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

UK Service Inclusive - exclusive !

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 530d Touring, May 2004

Just picked up my car from the dealer after being in to replace the front pads, fair deal @ nearly 50,000 miles.

I was also advised that it needed shoes for the parking brake. Not sure how these should be worn out.

But the dealer insisted that these are not covered either under warranty or under the "Service Inclusive", which covered the disk pads. He showed me the glossy brochure which stated this covers
* routine service and maintenance as indicated by the vehicle's on board computer
* engine oil change
* replacement air filters, oil filter, microfilters and spart plugs
* brake servicing, including replacement of fluids, pads and discs
* windscreen wiper blades as part of routine maintenance (up to 4 sets)

So guys & gals
> How would you interpret that wording ?
> Has anybody else needed new parking brake pads and, of so, did BMW cover them ?

thanks

E61 530d, May 2004
Old 10-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Members

My Ride: UK 2006 530D MSport. Auto, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Visibility, Media Pack, Sun Protective Glass, Hi-Fi Speaker System, Heated Seats, Enhanced voice control, M Lip Spoiler.

I'd say he was talking out the proverbial!!!!!!! Of course they should be covered..
You have 3 yr warranty, service inclusive... I understood tyres were exempt but not much else!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by new-kid' post='343211' date='Oct 9 2006, 10:00 PM
Just picked up my car from the dealer after being in to replace the front pads, fair deal @ nearly 50,000 miles.

I was also advised that it needed shoes for the parking brake. Not sure how these should be worn out.

But the dealer insisted that these are not covered either under warranty or under the "Service Inclusive", which covered the disk pads. He showed me the glossy brochure which stated this covers
* routine service and maintenance as indicated by the vehicle's on board computer
* engine oil change
* replacement air filters, oil filter, microfilters and spart plugs
* brake servicing, including replacement of fluids, pads and discs
* windscreen wiper blades as part of routine maintenance (up to 4 sets)

So guys & gals
> How would you interpret that wording ?
> Has anybody else needed new parking brake pads and, of so, did BMW cover them ?
Frustrating but they are probably correct! However, my opinion is that everything should be covered except the tyres.

I guess the parking brake is not "indicated by the OBC"? And indeed I wouldn't of thought they would of worn out unless you've been doing a few handbrake turns???
Old 10-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree everything should be covered in the servicing why else would people buy the cover. However it appears to be done to the dealers interpretation of the cover and whether they bother checking everything I think.
On my first oil service I mentioned that my wipers were noisy, they checked and said all was fine. A few weeks later I took my E60 back for some work and mentioned the wipers were still noisy. They subsequently changed the wipers and charged me for them. I said they should have been covered by the Service Inclusive cover as I mentioned during my oil service that the wipers possibly needed changing but it wasn't. In they end they refunded the wiper costs so I'm one set of wipers down now and 3 to go

So it does seem to be down to the descretion of the dealer during the servicing whether they do change anything.

A few weeks back my rear brake pads were due to be changed in 7000 miles, its now gone back to 9000 miles. Anyone have any ideas why? My driving style hasn't changed that much, so was just wondering.

Not related but I've found that my car has a slight hesitation/delay just after 4,000 rpm. Anyone have a similar issue? My second oil service is due in 1100 miles, so will have it checked then.