Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Transmission Slam

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Funny you should ask! I just searched this last night to see if the slam problem was dead or still an issue. I have not had a slam since just after my last software update. I've pretty much written it off to the fact that the Step eventually learned how to downshift without doing it. Either that, or I've subconciously learned how to avoid it.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

I didn't have it too often, but when I get into a situation, where it might occur, all I do is push the stick over into Sports mode, before getting to a near halt, as the gearbox always goes back to first in sports.

Never had it since.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d auto sport saloon. titanium silver with black dakota leather. comfort seats with heating front and back. maple wood. visibility pack. media pack with tv function. m rear spoiler and m double spoke 172 19'' wheels with continental tyres

my 535D is now 1 year old and 20000 miles and i have not suffered from any gearbox related problems or anything else for that matter BUT i have just had an oil change and oil was not the only thing that changed. when i collected the car i thought i had been rearended as it changed into first when i stopped. i also experienced very bad 'turbo lag' with any right foot input.

i returned to the dealer and he said there was a software upgrade that cured this. it took two days to upgrade and it has cured the first gear problem but new problems have been generated - on any throttle input there is a slight hesitation before the 'software' reacts and all the gearbox seems to want to do is change up to sixth gear as soon as possible - its 'driving' me insane. its changed the whole characteristic of the car.

is the gearbox software program for the sport model the same as that for the SE ?

the car was working superbly and so i thought i was safe in just having an oil change but it seems not.

i am now waiting for the car to return to the dealer to be rectified but i dont hold out much hope - its probably all downhill from now on.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 68pawm' post='305089' date='Jun 29 2006, 04:06 PM
my 535D is now 1 year old and 20000 miles and i have not suffered from any gearbox related problems or anything else for that matter BUT i have just had an oil change and oil was not the only thing that changed. when i collected the car i thought i had been rearended as it changed into first when i stopped. i also experienced very bad 'turbo lag' with any right foot input.

i returned to the dealer and he said there was a software upgrade that cured this. it took two days to upgrade and it has cured the first gear problem but new problems have been generated - on any throttle input there is a slight hesitation before the 'software' reacts and all the gearbox seems to want to do is change up to sixth gear as soon as possible - its 'driving' me insane. its changed the whole characteristic of the car.

is the gearbox software program for the sport model the same as that for the SE ?

the car was working superbly and so i thought i was safe in just having an oil change but it seems not.

i am now waiting for the car to return to the dealer to be rectified but i dont hold out much hope - its probably all downhill from now on.
DONT PANIC

Did they do something to the software during the oil change?

Either way - just report your problems and ask them to do the latest software - it's the same for sport and SE
Old 06-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d auto sport saloon. titanium silver with black dakota leather. comfort seats with heating front and back. maple wood. visibility pack. media pack with tv function. m rear spoiler and m double spoke 172 19'' wheels with continental tyres

Did they do something to the software during the oil change?
[/quote]

my tv picture was not good so they reset the system ( tv/radio setup only i presume ). my bt didnt work when i picked the car up - no menu option to pair phone - they 'adjusted' the system, got it working, and told me the pairing option was in an invisible sub menu but is now visible.

i think everything is there its just not been set up correctly.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:20 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

I posted the response I got from BMW in this thread

Slam Link

Problem still exists, I just live with it by adopting the,'knock into DS' procedure outlined above.

:thumbsdown: