Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Tracking Production

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a 530i and can't seem to find out where to go on the website to track my production. I realize the information provided on BMW Owners Circle is somewhat limited, but I'd be happy to see for myself that the order has been accepted, car is scheduled for production, etc.

When I log into Owners Circle, I add my new car by its production number. The system recognizes the car as a Jet Black 530, but then asks me for the acquired date, mileage, etc. as if I already have the car. I can't seem to find any other links that would help me track my car and have even stumped my sales rep with this one.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Members

After you log on to the Owner's Circle site, the Order Tracking link is in the lower right corner of the page. On the Order Tracking page, click Review Order Details to confirm the options you selected.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:47 AM
Members

Thanks for the help, but have you tried this lately in your account? The link is no longer there when I log in. Please check yours and let me know if you have the link. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Members

Yes, it works fine for me. I'll attempt to attach a screen shot:
Attached Thumbnails Tracking Production-tracking1.jpg  
Old 03-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Members

The tracking page:
Attached Thumbnails Tracking Production-tracking2.jpg  
Old 03-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Members

I just doesn't work for me. I can see all the info on my 325 but when I attempt to "add a car", it asks for date aquired, milage, etc. Did you add your car with the vin or production number? You car sounds sweet and it looks like your not to far off from delivery. Mind if I ask what date you ordered?

How did you do the screen shot? I'll show you what my page shows me.

Thanks again for your time.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I also got that same page when I first signed on 2 months ago. I just put dummy info on there (expected date acquired, estimated mileage of 7 miles -- all that can be changed later). After you set this up, you should be able to review the Order Detail as shown above under Order Tracking.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:47 AM
Members

I added mine with the production number. I placed my order 12/31/03, got my production # a couple days later, then set up my Owner's Circle account. When I first added the production #, it came up with the wrong car. My dealer told me to just wait a couple days and the system would show the correct info, and it did.

I made the screen shot with Paint Shop Pro, but there are a lot of freeware screenshot tools available. If you're running Windows, you can also press Alt-PrntScrn to capture the active window to the clipboard, then paste the image into any graphics program. I scaled the image down to 75% and saved it as a .jpg file so it would load faster.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Members

Thanks for the help. Putting in that false information got me and I can see the stages of production. I still can't figure out the screen shot thing. Alt-PrtScr doesn't seem to work for me in Windows XP and I can't figure it out in Paint Shop Pro 8 either.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

All you do is hit the "Prt Scrn" button on the keyboard. Then toggle over to Word, Outlook, Paint, whatever and then click on "paste" or "paste special". It's simple.

Quick Reply: Tracking Production