Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Took delivery of our 545i thi week...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

....Wednesday to be exact. I've driven it a few times and I won't bore you with how great the car is, there are dozens of threads here that cover that quite well. Instead, here's a little observation, just something I've noticed in the few times I've driven the car.

Virtually every performance oriented car I've seen has lagged behind me enough to read the 545i badge in back. Other BMW drivers are the most obvious.

There was the 330c driver, was very aggresive, didn't want to be passed. As traffic permitted I was along side him, after riding the car in front's rear for a while he backs off enough to read my badge. Instantly his whole driving style changed. Now he's just another car in the commute.

Almost the exact same thing from an older 5-series during the same commute.

We all know there are faster cars yet clearly, this car commands respect. Whether deserved or not I can't say. I'm sure there'll be those that want to challenge as well but for now, it's kinda fun to see the "I better not mess with that one" reaction you get from other drivers. That is definately a new experience for me.

Great car!
Old 01-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

please post some pics of your new toy .
Old 01-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

Sorry, only pic I've got is one we took right before we drove off. Wanted to get a pic while it was still clean...
Attached Thumbnails Took delivery of our 545i thi week...-img_0556.jpg  
Old 01-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

Originally Posted by BurgessMW' date='Jan 15 2005, 09:10 PM
Sorry, only pic I've got is one we took right before we drove off.? Wanted to get a pic while it was still clean...
[snapback]79496[/snapback]
Interesting observation. I will be watching for that behavior.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Senior Members

what is that lady doing over there ?
Old 01-15-2005, 10:23 PM
fq1
Members

Sapphire or Jet on Auburn? Other options?
Old 01-16-2005, 04:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jan 15 2005, 10:46 PM
what is that lady doing over there ?
[snapback]79575[/snapback]
That's just my wife admiring her new car. She hasn't stopped smiling as yet...
Old 01-16-2005, 04:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by fq1' date='Jan 16 2005, 02:23 AM
Sapphire or Jet on Auburn? Other options?
[snapback]79636[/snapback]
Sapphire Black Metallic on Auburn/Poplar, Steptronic, Logic 7, Sat Prep, Navi, Cold Weather, Comfort Seats, Rear Seat Heaters.

Yes, you're reading correct, no sport package. RDS doesn't seem to be functional but bluetooth is present. The throttle takes a little getting used to...
Old 01-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Doug

Dude, it is just a car. Please do not think this raises you above the level of other drivers. I have a 545 also; nice car. People do not 'Respect You" for your car, trust me. They could care less.

I have found that drivers in Suburban Chicago only care about themselves. They pass on the right, tailgate, block the left lane. Nobody holds a cosntant speed, you talk on the phone, eat, read newspapers, and at the last minute they will cut over to exit becuase theya re not paying attention to the road. But boo hoo, the cops there know that you all drive like ass, so they stricly enforce the speed limits pulling people over for 70 0r 80 on the freeway or 5 over on a surface street. This is no way to live. You all should learn how to drive more carefully and pay attention, and then VOTE or go to your city council meetings and change the silly ass speed limits and enforcement. And fix those horrible roads.

I am from Michigan. Not as nice as Chicago to live, but much nicer to drive!

Originally Posted by BurgessMW' date='Jan 15 2005, 07:27 PM
....Wednesday to be exact.? I've driven it a few times and I won't bore you with how great the car is, there are dozens of threads here that cover that quite well.? Instead, here's a little observation, just something I've noticed in the few times I've driven the car.

Virtually every performance oriented car I've seen has lagged behind me enough to read the 545i badge in back.? Other BMW drivers are the most obvious.

There was the 330c driver, was very aggresive, didn't want to be passed.? As traffic permitted I was along side him, after riding the car in front's rear for a while he backs off enough to read my badge.? Instantly his whole driving style changed.? Now he's just another car in the commute.

We all know there are faster cars yet clearly, this car commands respect.? Whether deserved or not I can't say.? I'm sure there'll be those that want to challenge as well but for now, it's kinda fun to see the "I better not mess with that one" reaction you get from other drivers.? That is definately a new experience for me.

Great car!
[snapback]79488[/snapback]
Old 01-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

Originally Posted by Doug' date='Jan 16 2005, 11:51 AM
Dude, it is just a car. Please do not think this raises you above the level of other drivers.? I have a 545 also; nice car.? People do not 'Respect You" for your car, trust me.? They could care less.?

I have found that drivers in Suburban Chicago only care about themselves.? They pass on the right, tailgate, block the left lane.? Nobody holds a cosntant speed, you talk on the phone, eat, read newspapers, and at the last minute they will cut over to exit becuase theya re not paying attention to the road.? But boo hoo, the cops there know that you all drive like ass, so they stricly enforce the speed limits pulling people over for 70 0r 80 on the freeway or 5 over on a surface street.? This is no way to live.? You all should learn how to drive more carefully and pay attention, and then VOTE or go to your city council meetings and change the silly ass speed limits and enforcement.? And fix those horrible roads.

I am from Michigan.? Not as nice as Chicago to live, but much nicer to drive!

[quote name='BurgessMW' date='Jan 15 2005, 07:27 PM']....Wednesday to be exact.? I've driven it a few times and I won't bore you with how great the car is, there are dozens of threads here that cover that quite well.? Instead, here's a little observation, just something I've noticed in the few times I've driven the car.

Virtually every performance oriented car I've seen has lagged behind me enough to read the 545i badge in back.? Other BMW drivers are the most obvious.

There was the 330c driver, was very aggresive, didn't want to be passed.? As traffic permitted I was along side him, after riding the car in front's rear for a while he backs off enough to read my badge.? Instantly his whole driving style changed.? Now he's just another car in the commute.

We all know there are faster cars yet clearly, this car commands respect.? Whether deserved or not I can't say.? I'm sure there'll be those that want to challenge as well but for now, it's kinda fun to see the "I better not mess with that one" reaction you get from other drivers.? That is definately a new experience for me.

Great car!
[snapback]79488[/snapback]
[snapback]79724[/snapback]
[/quote]
Lots of generalizations from unregistered user.

Quick Reply: Took delivery of our 545i thi week...