Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Tomorrow IS THE DAY!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 07:41 AM
Teg
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Yesterday morning I finally get a call back from my dealer because on this forum and roadfly many of us have had our cars sitting at VPC since 4/10. Of course everyone is guessing why but he called and said your car is on a truck. So, now I can finally prepare for early next week for delivery. I got excited, I called the wife. She said its about frickin time! I get a call 2 hours later and he said its here!!!!!!! That was the fastest trip from NY to Chicago, even I don't drive that fast. I go tomorrow morning and pick it up. Supposably the latest version is loaded and the floor mats come with the car. I'm pretty sure he is throwing them in because I am paying too much so I better get something out of it. Anyway, tomorrow is the day and I will report back this weekend after I put a 1000 miles on it.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

You are going to love that color combo! The subtleties of black sapphire ROCK. And the beige leather looks so great with that contrast. I'm excited for you!
Old 04-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Teg
Members

How was your paint job? I've heard people have had some flaws on the black. How do you like your sports package? My wife didn't want that because she didn't want to feel every pebble on the road. I tried to convince her to get it but as you know it's hard to even find a car she could test drive to convince her it isn't that stiff.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Did you test drive a car with Sports pakcage? Surely you didn't skip that package based on her thoughts on pebbles alone.

You don't feel every pebble on the road though. This car has brilliant suspension. You feel the sports package more going around curves (even less roll). It's not like this is a car that sits low to the ground like a Porsche and I don't have 20s on it. Again, the sports pkg. is awesome.

Paint job is fantastic. When I was looking at Jet or Black Sapphire at the dealer, I didn't see much of a difference. But now that I have the black sapphire, I can really see the metalic in it. IT'S AWESOME!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Members

The Sport Package is not only just the suspension but Active Steering, Dynamic Roll Stabilization along with the 18" rims/tires.

You do feel a lot more of the road so I can understand the wife's complaints. She also doesn't have to worry so much about suspension damage from potholes and other such road dangers.

Still, with the sports package, the 5 series really is the "ultimate driving machine".
I wouldn't trade it. I turned down a less equipped 545 to get my 530 with a bunch of options.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:30 AM
Teg
Members

Cool

I got the car Sat. morning. Drove it home to let it sit. I drove it for a full 20 minutes before I parked it. Sunday I put a couple hundred miles on it. Here is my run down.....
This is definitly the ultimate driving machine. This thing is so smooth... Please, if you have any questions keep this thread going and I will try to respond quickly.
- First thing I noticed last night is that BMW's fix for the air bag light for the passenger is that from our inital test drive it was a bright light and now it looks like they smoked the plastic a little to dull the light. You still notice it but not as much.
- I already replaced the black inserts with the reflectors. I think in the long term I would need to armor all or whatever to dress that plastic because it will get dull and the reflectors brighten up that area.
- The radio is fine, and yes I didn't get the L7 but I don't get the static that others were getting.
- The I drive is simple. Not to down play it that others can't deal with it but I work on a computer all day and once you know where everything is or what voice comand to use it is pretty simple. Also I did not get a voice command list in my manual.
- The interior, we are very happy with it. We traded our X5 in and had basically the same interior and it looks just as nice or even better than that of the X5. As you can see we didn't get a lot of extras because I wanted the engine but overall the seats, the dash and the overall look is fantasic.

I can take pictures in the next day or so if anyone wants to see a specific item or view. Just let me know
Old 04-26-2004, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

teg

i hate you
i hate you
i hate you
i hate you
i hate you
i hate you

i have to wait until june 20th - i know just how you feel right now - savour

car sounds great congratulations

jonboy
Old 04-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Members

Hey Jonboy, your waittime makes me feel a little better, "estimated" delivery May 28th here
Old 04-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MaTRiX' date='Apr 26 2004, 10:55 AM
Hey Jonboy, your waittime makes me feel a little better, "estimated" delivery May 28th here
MaTRiX

thanks buddy!

jonboy
Old 04-29-2004, 06:58 AM
Members

Have a black sapphire on black 530i on order right now. After two weeks of "on order" status, it is finally now showing as "in production" as of 4/26/04...

The wait is already unbearable. Starting to regret not getting the sport package, but I also would rather not feel every bump in the road...and I am not sold on the run-flat tires either. Bummer that I can't get the roll stabilization though...

530i Sapphire black on black
Nav
Premium
Cold Weather pkg
Heated rear seats
Premium Stereo
Xenons
Rear Shades

Quick Reply: Tomorrow IS THE DAY!!