Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Taking/Writing the survey from my experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bulk of my survey is this:

Do you have any suggestions as to how your Roadside Service Provider can improve?
When a customer calls BMW roadside assistance, I recommend that they find a tow truck closer then 40 miles away. I realize contacting a tow truck near the dealership is more convenient for the tow truck driver but the tow truck driver is not the customer. This is highly unacceptable, especially when stranded on the road at night. BMWNA should be ashamed of how this situation was handled.

Please provide us additional feedback or questions about your service experience at Fields BMW - Lakeland:
BMW should make loaner cars available first and foremost to customers receiving warranty work. It is unacceptable that BMW can't get a fuel pump right in a $60,000 car; it is even more unacceptable that an authorized BMW dealer cannot provide a loaner. I tried for a week to obtain a loaner as my car got progressively worse, eventually stranding me IN TRAFFIC, NOT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. I had to push my 5,000 lb car a block by myself to get it out of traffic. Not only was this embarrassing, but it could have been COMPLETELY AVOIDED if my car was serviced at the time of my request. One of the perks Fields BMW advertises is valet car pick up for customers; unfortunately what they don?t advertise is that it is solely at the dealerships convenience. I was told there were no appointments and there wouldn't be a driver in Tampa, so I pose these questions: Who has to make an appointment? Why wasn?t my request for an appointment good enough? Is there a pre-requisite for BMW personnel to ?go out of their way? for a customer? If I drove a 7 series would they have sent someone out? In the end, I was offered a rental car which I accepted. When Enterprise tried to put me in a clown car I paid for my own upgrade. I don't know how BMW justifies taking a customers vehicle due to a fault caused by BMW and putting the customer in compact rental car. Additionally, Enterprise did not call me to schedule a pick-up. I had to sequester a ride to the local enterprise office. I went 45 hours without transportation. BMWNA or Fields (whoever is responsible for making service/loaner policy) needs to get their act together.

I have checked that I would like to be contacted by fields and BMWNA.

I havn't sent it yet. Do you think this will do any good? Do you think it will negatively effect future service?
Old 11-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I would send it. Maybe someone will actually try to make this right.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I actually think some stronger language would not be out of place. I'm not saying you should be mean or curse, but I think from the first word it should be clear that you're on the verge of switching to another brand.

But yes, I agree with Scott - you should DEFINITELY send this. As a matter of fact, we should just put together a letter that all of our members who have HPFP problems can sign. A petition for a resolution of the design flaw. Dude, I'm with you - just let me know how I can help!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Contributors

thanks guys.

I don't want to sound too irate. I think there is a fine line between strong language and irrationality. I don't want them to misconstrue my concerns for a heat-of-the-moment anger filled email.

I have had a few days to decompress and I want them to recognize this as a genuine concern/complaint from rational customer. If they called me and offered some sort of rectification, I would turn it down and simply tell them, as a concerned BMW enthusitast, I would like them to fix the problem to ensure maximum brand support, including continued support from myself.

They will drive me into the showroom of Porsche and MB otherwise.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Your car weighs 5000 lbs.? That's a lotta hookers in the trunk.

When you "sequestered" a ride, was that at gunpoint or did you use some other means of force?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='1059247' date='Nov 20 2009, 02:30 PM
Your car weighs 5000 lbs.? That's a lotta hookers in the trunk.

When you "sequestered" a ride, was that at gunpoint or did you use some other means of force?
Just looked up the weight of my car, it is a lot lighter then it felt when I was pushing it by myself! I cant believe how light it is for such a large car.

okay, not the best word choice, but I hate asking anyone for help. I would have rather taken a car by force then ask someone for help.

-----------

I was contacted by the general manager of fields today, who of course apologized up and down

He told me that he spoke with the service writer and told him that this was unnacceptable. He asked me if there was anything he could do to rectify the situation, that he would certainly entertain any request. I told him, just make sure I get better service next time my car needs to come in.

He said he was putting into the computer that I was "wronged" by feilds last time my car needed warranty work and that all measures to satisfy my needs in the future be taken (isn't this what they should be doing anyway?)

He also told me in the future, if a loaner was not availible, they would ensure that I am put in a suitable rental, he agreed that a kia spectra is unnacceptable when turning my BMW in for service.

He told me next time I need anything from fields, don't hesitate to call him personally and he will get it taken car of.

All I want is the service I deserve for paying the premium attached to the BMW name.

I havn't heard from BMWNA yet, I suspect I will not.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Nice. At least someone at that dealership cares.

Hopefully the HPFP problem is resolved for you. If not, let's hope he holds true to his word.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

A lot of dealerships try and bite off more then they can chew service wise. We have 44 BMW service loaners and won't schedule an appointment that requires a loaner if no BMW is available. IMO, you are going to piss off 100% of the customers who you give other brand loaners to, so it's just not worth the extra daily service revenus that extra appointments would generate. I suspect if we were to get businer we would put more BMWs into loaner service. After all, BMW does compensate us for their use.

And by the way, THE most popular service loaner is by far the white 335d that is all lettered and logoed out with the BMW Efficient Dynamics Diesel graphics. People love it.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='1059732' date='Nov 21 2009, 10:41 AM
A lot of dealerships try and bite off more then they can chew service wise. We have 44 BMW service loaners and won't schedule an appointment that requires a loaner if no BMW is available. IMO, you are going to piss off 100% of the customers who you give other brand loaners to, so it's just not worth the extra daily service revenus that extra appointments would generate. I suspect if we were to get businer we would put more BMWs into loaner service. After all, BMW does compensate us for their use.

And by the way, THE most popular service loaner is by far the white 335d that is all lettered and logoed out with the BMW Efficient Dynamics Diesel graphics. People love it.
44 service loaners jeeezeus...