Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Taking delivery of a 530i next tuesday

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

domza i can feel your excitement and as you are reading this, the final 24 hours count down is on.
we too here in canada have strict speed enforcement laws with cops plenty abound (cuffs open and everything), however there are always occasions, expecially on familar routes i take over the years that i am able to open her up a little.
for example on my way home tonight, an a6 was aggressing through traffic and i followed for a few kilometers (DTC off), we approached a section of the highway which was made for the autobahn, i floored the throttle and dropped a couple of gears, passing him at around 220 then immediately exiting into an S curve while redline through 3 downshifts. short but sweet. the car is like on rails while screaming away, a bit too solid and quiet but nonetheless still fun.
toasting some kid in a pocket rocket is great, but i find those wanting to race most are souped up trucks and annoying american made monsters whom taligate like no tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Members

Theres been a delay in transport and i wont get to see her till wednesday now... I cant believe it! Noooo! an extra day!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Contributors

Domza,
I completley share your ever aganizing pain. My car arrived on 9 June and was not able to pick it up until 12 June. Silly German Holidays!
Old 06-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Members

Ki, that is worse then what ive gotta deal with, but im fidgeting and squirming in my chair. Im just so over my 318i... I've had her for so long, and shes served me so loyally. Only once did she not ever start, and that was because of the battery dieing on me - apparently because of my short trips, it shortens the life of the battery... But other then that she has been a loyal servant, and a fantastic first BMW. Thats where my obsession and passion with BMW orginated from...

Old 06-29-2004, 02:37 AM
Members

Not long to go now 2pm Wed!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:00 AM
Contributors

You are now under 24 hours. What to do? What to do? I read the manual and stayed on the forum till I couldn't keep my eyes open.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Contributors

In the old days you could rewind all your tapes. That gave you something useful to do while waiting for a new car.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Icy
Members

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Jun 29 2004, 10:42 AM
In the old days you could rewind all your tapes. That gave you something useful to do while waiting for a new car.
LOL

Now days, life is just too easy. I suppose one could clean the garage (again). Or reorganize one's "Bimmer file" (again).

Or maybe alphabetize the DVD collection or clean out the rain gutters or wash the car....oops, always goes back to that....
Old 06-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Contributors

Icy,
When are you looking at taking delivery of your car?
I am interested to see how the orient blue looks with beige.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Icy
Members

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Jun 29 2004, 11:22 AM
Icy,
When are you looking at taking delivery of your car?
I am interested to see how the orient blue looks with beige.
Jeez, I don't know.

My scheduled build week was supposed to be next week. But, I got my VIN last week. My dealer rep thinks my car is being built this week (early) and delivery will happen next week (car is paid in full and the customs paperwork is in).

So, like a little kid in December, I can't wait for Christmas...

Signed "getting nervous".

Quick Reply: Taking delivery of a 530i next tuesday