Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Taking delivery of a 530i next tuesday

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next tuesday, i get my hands on a 530i, Silvre, black interior, with all the bells and trimmings cept for professional nav and comfort seats.

THe Australian 530i has alot more gear thats standard compared to our European and American counter parts

No more pissy 318i engine, here we come 170kw
Old 06-25-2004, 03:26 AM
Contributors

Congratulations! Please be sure to take photos so we can all see!!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 04:01 AM
Members

sure will intend to take photos of exact moment of me rolling off
Old 06-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Members

Congrats! I have had my 530i for two weeks now and am very happy. Lots of fun to drive and no problems so far. Can't wait to finish the break in period.
Good Luck.
Thad
Old 06-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Senior Members

congratulations! i had mine for a month now, every day is still like on honeymoon.
after the break in period, the car suddenly seems to have awoken and leaps alive.
can i tempt you to imagine the feel of power in making an elbow bend while holding on second till the apex and accelerate up gears while flooring all the way pass 200kmph, the way the car behave like its on rails is quite a pleasant experience. all in perhaps 10-12 seconds? rollee
Old 06-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Members

Rolle: i don't think i can do that, cause Aussie law strips you of your licence if you are 40km more of the speed limit. And considering our highways are 100km/h i cant get any where to push her

But i just wanna roll up to some punk kid in a souped up japanese car and toast him right on the line. That would be ace
Old 06-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Members

My turn this week! My 525i came off the boat in South Carolina and is supposed to dropped off the truck at my dealer tomorrow! Delivery by Tuesday!
I'm pretty excited. This is my first BMW.
I've been a car buff for 35 years. Currently drive a '67 MGB-GT every day. Also own a '96 Miata M Edition, a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and a '97 Dodge Dakota pick-up. The 525i replaces a 2002 Merceds M class that was a disaster.
I am a little apprehensive about jumping back into a new German car after bad experiences (quality and repair issues) with my last two Mercedes and an Audi A4.
Tell me that BMWs are different! Thanks for welcoming me to this forum, too
Old 06-26-2004, 06:50 PM
sj3
Senior Members

funf: Welcome!! You could have opened up a new post to introduce yourself, but what the heck. BMWs are different, imo. However it everything may not be perfect, but we will hope that it is. Mine was and has been except that BMW Assist didn't work w/the salesman but did a week later...no fix needed. It really has been fantastic. You will love it. Don't forget to keep it under 100 mph for the first 1200 miles!! No panic stops hopefully, and try and keep it under 4500 rpm for the same amount of miles. It's still mucho fun, even under these restrictions. Good luck and, again, welcome and congratulations!

Sam
Old 06-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Senior Members

Congrats bud. I took delivery of mine on June 14th. I was going nuts. I tracked the ship that it was on and exactly when it was going to dock by calling the Authority that controls the ports in NJ. I tracked the ship through the National Weather Service position reports during weather reports. I am now happy.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Members

lol. My car is sitting in Altona, a major car district of Victoria, Australia. So it has to be shipped from the warehouse to the show room, which will take 4 hours or so, and then the dealer says he'll give it a full detail before handing over

I'm so excited!

Quick Reply: Taking delivery of a 530i next tuesday