Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Syracuse NY dealership

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530i Oriental Blue Metalic Beige InteriorPremium PackageCold Weather Package

I don't know how much more I can take of the Burdick BMW dealership in Syracuse, NY. The first time I took my car there to fix a problem with my sunroof it got fixed and returned to me with a huge ding in my door which they fixed. The next time I go to fix my window that wouldnt work correctly and it gets fixed and returned to me with oil and dirt on the leather seats and console which they cleaned. Today I get a new steering rack put in the car comes back with a huge one foot scuff under the driver door on the sideskirt. I showed it to the new service manager and of course they said the tech marked it down on the sheet that the scuff was already there! It was not possible for them to do such a thing. He took it to the body shop and said it could not be buffed out. My question to you is do you think I should bother going to BMW North America and try to make a big deal out of it or is it a waste of my time? My dealership will not budge on this and I know every inch of my car and that scuff was not there when I dropped it off. Does anyone have a number or email? Thanks for your help!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh man that sucks. Ya some dealers are pretty amazing... they screw up more than they fix. I had a similar problem with my 987.

Couple problems actually, sadly... When I got the car the there was a couple of minor issues... missing valve stem cap, side marker loose and minor wheel scratch so i took it back to have them fix it... when I got the car back I found that they had chipped the side skirt... it wasnt noticable so I said screw it.. they probably wont admit to it anyways so I left it alone... then I noticed that the steering wheel was misaligned a little so I took it back to get them to do an alignment and in the process they totally scratched the side skirt this time. I mean WTF... can their techs NOT get in and out of the car without breaking it? dang... so took it back the next day and waited 3 weeks for an appointment for them to fix it. At least they admitted to it... otherwise I would have been pretty pissed... I told them I know exactly whats wrong and not wrong with the body of the car and that was totally not there.

So when I went to pick it up it was a rainy day so I couldnt tell... but even after they repainted it theres STILL a nick and a imperfection on the clear coat... like someone kinda tapped it when the clear coat wasnt completely dried... so to date that clear coat imperfection is still there... not really noticeable so I said screw it. And the interior was filthy! They must have been walking through a construction zone before they got into my car...

Oh also during the re-paint I had them take care of some loose material hanging inside the third brake light and when they put the rear hatch cover back together they didnt secure all the clips... so it made this HORRIBLE rattling noise... I was able to locate it and re-clip the hatch cover... but MAN! I dont think I'll be going back to this dealer for service...

Syracuse NY dealership-img_0460.jpg

Syracuse NY dealership-img_0465.jpg

Now that its re-painted it sometimes looks like the color doesnt match up perfectly... and sometimes it does... so BLAH... I feel your pain.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530i Oriental Blue Metalic Beige InteriorPremium PackageCold Weather Package

Has anybody ever contacted BMW North America?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Members

what does a low rating during the survey do to the dealership? I really think I can get better service at a buick dealership.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sam the BMW man' post='522888' date='Jan 25 2008, 07:39 PM
I don't know how much more I can take of the Burdick BMW dealership in Syracuse, NY. The first time I took my car there to fix a problem with my sunroof it got fixed and returned to me with a huge ding in my door which they fixed. The next time I go to fix my window that wouldnt work correctly and it gets fixed and returned to me with oil and dirt on the leather seats and console which they cleaned. Today I get a new steering rack put in the car comes back with a huge one foot scuff under the driver door on the sideskirt. I showed it to the new service manager and of course they said the tech marked it down on the sheet that the scuff was already there! It was not possible for them to do such a thing. He took it to the body shop and said it could not be buffed out. My question to you is do you think I should bother going to BMW North America and try to make a big deal out of it or is it a waste of my time? My dealership will not budge on this and I know every inch of my car and that scuff was not there when I dropped it off. Does anyone have a number or email? Thanks for your help!!!
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations' post='525367' date='Jan 31 2008, 12:10 PM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
How will they get in touch with me? Are you able to see my email address on here?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Sam the BMW man' post='525914' date='Feb 1 2008, 01:05 PM
How will they get in touch with me? Are you able to see my email address on here?
When you said BMW NA would get in contact with me did you mean by sending me a survey cause thats what I just received.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Sam the BMW man' post='526158' date='Feb 2 2008, 12:37 AM
When you said BMW NA would get in contact with me did you mean by sending me a survey cause thats what I just received.
well no one has gotten in touch with me yet.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Members

Well it has been over two weeks now and of course no signs of BMW NA getting in touch with me. I must say I have never received such bad service with something so expensive. BMW has had the chance of getting in touch with me and it seems like they just don't care!!!